Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessary?

Are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessary on web pages? I've removed them on some pages since the the page background is white by default anyway, and then I can easily see the page size since the pasteboard background is gray when I work on it. When the page is previewed or published it is all white, no gray, which is what I want. I have some older pages where under window, the "show page size" is checked, but does not display with the white rectangles on the page and pasteboard backgrounds. For me it is just easier to work with, with those rectangles removed. I'm using xara designer pro v19, haven't upgraded to pro+ yet because my update service from Magix goes till mid January 2024. Thanks.

Nancy

Default Re: Are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessa

Nancy, not a blind bit of difference.
    With none, Xara includes CSS of body {background-color:#ffffff;}, which is all White for everything.

You gain little by staying with Magix, Xara will offer a pro rata discount for the remaining period.
    Do keep your current Magix version installed as you can run both that and a Plus version.
    The Plus versions are still only subscription.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessa

Thanks Acorn!

In Xara Designer Pro v19, are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessary? please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kukuaj3 View Post
    In Xara Designer Pro v19, are the white rectangles on the page background and pasteboard background necessary? please let me know.
    They are not, you can publish without them and you will get a default white background.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat