Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Repeating AutoStart Slideshow

Perhaps a bit more info in your Qs will get people looking in the right area.
    You did state "slideshow".
    Thus my question

E, are you using a Xara supplied slideshow or a video?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks a million Acorn, everything appears to be working fine
    Yes I did say Slideshow and the program which produced the 'Slideshow' is called Slideshow maker! maybe I should have specified MP4 Slideshow...
    One more niggling point... how is the page named if it is not the index page? I have tried index-2 and also the name which I gave the page, Roch.htm. Neither of which want to work !?
    Last edited by Epyminia; 10 August 2023 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by Epyminia View Post
    Thanks a million Acorn, everything appears to be working fine
    Yes I did say Slideshow and the program which produced the 'Slideshow' is called Slideshow maker! maybe I should have specified MP4 Slideshow...
    One more niggling point... how is the page named if it is not the index page? I have tried index-2 and also the name which I gave the page, Roch.htm. Neither of which want to work !?
    Epyminia, I can see the appeal but other than a synchronised soundtrack, you can build a zippy slideshow (Presentation) in Xara and embed thatwithout turning itno an MP4.
    You can include rollover effects and links, impossible in an MP4.

I am intrigued as to how big your MP4 will beas any heavy payload would be a user killer, especially on a phone as they have to wait for the entire MP4 to download before the site is fully rendered.
    Offer it up as a Xara challenge.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    I am sure that you are probably correct, integrated presentations would be better but I found no clues as to how to do this! I scoured YouTube and Help pages only to draw a blank! Any ideas to point me in the right direction welcome!
    Have a good evening.
    E

Hi Acorn,
    I am sure that you are probably correct, integrated presentations would be better but I found no clues as to how to do this! I scoured YouTube and Help pages only to draw a blank! Any ideas to point me in the right direction welcome!
    Have a good evening.
    E
    E,

There are lots of ways of building sliders using Xara; yes some do require some additional code to create the desired effect but the effort can be very worthwhile. A while back we put together some ideas and from those I created a few demos: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/zNivo/

I have too, have used a number of third party sliders, WOW being one and more recently I played with the Icecream Video Editor. They all have their limitations and in some cases the resultant video is a significant size that slows the page load.

If you can describe the effects you are trying to achieve, I expect we can help you to do it.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Hi there Init,
    I am not looking for anything terribly sophisticated, just a slideshow which autostarts and repeats itself. I am currently using Icecream Slideshow to create the MP4 slideshow and thanks to the help of Egg and Acorn it now seems to be working well. However doubts have been raised about the download times of the relatively large MP4s slowing down the presentation. The completed website will have around 20 pages with a similar number of slideshows. If you can point me in the direction of Xara produced smaller slideshows it would be very welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    E

Hi there Init,
    I am not looking for anything terribly sophisticated, just a slideshow which autostarts and repeats itself. I am currently using Icecream Slideshow to create the MP4 slideshow and thanks to the help of Egg and Acorn it now seems to be working well. However doubts have been raised about the download times of the relatively large MP4s slowing down the presentation. The completed website will have around 20 pages with a similar number of slideshows. If you can point me in the direction of Xara produced smaller slideshows it would be very welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    E
    E, that would be a time waste if when you get a steer you then sat "But...".
    Offer up an MP4 (and its used images/text) and invite others to replicate.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

[QUOTE=Acorn;656276]E, that would be a time waste if when you get a steer you then sat "But...".

Not sure I follow you there Acorn, maybe its too early in the day...
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    E, that would be a time waste if when you get a steer you then sat "But...".
    Not sure I follow you there Acorn, maybe its too early in the day...
    E
    E, you have produced some MP4s with Icecream Slideshow. You used images, texts, effects and transitions to build it.
    You then exported as an MP4.

Offer up an MP4 and these original elements so people can see what you used and what the result is that you are after.

My "sat" was a typo for 'say'.

Acorn

This may help in the direction of travel:

https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Icecream-Video/

I tested the free version of the Icecream Video Editor out of curiously, added for 4 slides and a slide-in "motion". Then added a custom Xara slider with the same photos; a slightly different transition/motion. You can see the effect/delay in the page load with the video taking its time to load.

The Xara slider needs (in this example) just ONE line of code.

@E you are welcome to play around with the example; you will see it is exported with a slide-in transition, but other than that it is standard Xara functionality.

Xara_Icecream.xar
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023