Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Repeating Autostart Slideshow

New problem... I am working on a tourist guide and when the page for the particular tourist location opens a slideshow autostarts showing various views of the place. Question is how do I make it repeat itself continuously? Just now it autostarts but the viewer has to click to view again. Is this possible ?
    E
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 August 2023 at 06:29 PM.

Default Re: Scrolling Text

Ancillary question.... is is possible to avoid or remove the large black borders which Xara surrounds the slideshows with ?

Sorry to hassle you! Think I solved that one, problem due to having different sized, landscape or portrait pics in the same show. New question is, is there anyway to convert the black surround into transparent?
    Closing down for the evening, sorry for all the trouble.
    E

... a slideshow autostarts showing various views of the place.
    E, are you using a Xara supplied slideshow or a video?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's something for discussion: CSS - Simplest Automatic Fading Slideshow.xar.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I like that a lot. Here's my version. Still have to work out some of the code effects

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I like that a lot. Here's my version. Still have to work out some of the code effects
    DEMO
    Thanks Egg, works really well on a mobile where a mouse over is a tap that remains until you tap off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is a more useful version: CSS - Simplest Automatic Fading Slideshow.xar (Newer version).

It now handles batches of five images - you keep them in batches by Grouping. I do this and Ungroup and then Soft-Group.
    Each top image is now Named as htmlclass="cover".
    The CSS for the expose and close is a little more refined.
    All images need to be set as PNGs as if you rotate any, Xara collects the background under the bounding area as well.
    The slideshow images all have a Name of htmlclass="fadeIn".
    All Named objects need not be images. Avoid multiline text or include Name htmlblocktext.

The CSS code:
    • 'cover' is there to fade the top image out totally to reveal the carnage underneath.
      • Moving off the image fades it back in at half the fade in speed.
      • Transition times are the ones ending with an s.
      • The fadeIn opacity can have any value between 0 (totally transparent) and 1 (solidly opaque).

• 'animation' cycles forever for the five images taking 20 seconds; each image is in play for 4 seconds.
    • 'keyframes' controls how the selected image behaves.
      • The duration (20s) of actions is split into eighths: the first eighth the opacity changes linearly from zero to one; the next quarter, the opacity stay at one; it fades out totally over an eighth; the remaining half, it is invisible.
      • Each image is delayed by an increment of 4 seconds, with the 'child' settings. This ensures an overlap of activity.
      • You can timeline your eighths as you see fit.

• The first thing 'fadeIn' does is hides every image.

Acorn

Wow! Knockout animations that leave me totally gobsmacked!
    Brilliant but unfortunately too sophisticated and not entirely relevant to my current needs. Xara advertises itself as a No Code solution...
    I am intending to use MP4 slideshows made on the Icecream app. I would like the slideshows to repeat until the viewer does something or leaves the page. Surely this is not too much to ask?
    I have scanned the Designs gallery and there are a few slideshow widgets but they are all for sale with no indication of the price!
    Hoping that you can help :-)
    E

Info Repeating AutoStart Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Epyminia View Post
    Wow! Knockout animations that leave me totally gobsmacked!
    Brilliant but unfortunately too sophisticated and not entirely relevant to my current needs. Xara advertises itself as a No Code solution...
    I am intending to use MP4 slideshows made on the Icecream app. I would like the slideshows to repeat until the viewer does something or leaves the page. Surely this is not too much to ask?
    I have scanned the Designs gallery and there are a few slideshow widgets but they are all for sale with no indication of the price!
    Hoping that you can help :-)
    E
    E, everything's code!

When you embed a video, Xara codes it in place for you.
    It is actually overkill as HTML5 is cleaner and easier to control. Luckily, easy to modify from Xara to HTML5.
    So you need to understand the code for HTML5 <video> tag and the parameters you need to loop automatically, start automatically and get it to work by including mute as not browser will now fire off a sound track to melt your viewers' ears.

For a looping MP4, the Placeholder body for my jellyfish video is:
    Code:
    <video src="index_htm_files/Jellyfish_1.mp4" autoplay loop muted width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    I would look out @Initiostar's excellent demonstrations on video manipulation.

Perhaps a bit more info in your Qs will get people looking in the right area.
    You did state "slideshow".

Acorn