Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Repeating AutoStart Slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    This may help in the direction of travel: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Icecream-Video/
    I tested the free version of the Icecream Video Editor out of curiously, added for 4 slides and a slide-in "motion". Then added a custom Xara slider with the same photos; a slightly different transition/motion. You can see the effect/delay in the page load with the video taking its time to load.
    The Xara slider needs (in this example) just ONE line of code.
    @E you are welcome to play around with the example; you will see it is exported with a slide-in transition, but other than that it is standard Xara functionality.Attachment 133966
    Cheers Gary, I think the 0.5MB for the slider images slightly beats the 120MB video. Even one of Xara's own sliders would knock spots off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Gary,
    You have convinced me that it would be better to use Xara generated displays as opposed to 20 odd MP4's.
    Now I just have to get my head around just how to go about doing that, but as you say, you have pointed me in the right direction :-)
    Thanks
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Epyminia View Post
    Thanks Gary,
    You have convinced me that it would be better to use Xara generated displays as opposed to 20 odd MP4's.
    Now I just have to get my head around just how to go about doing that, but as you say, you have pointed me in the right direction :-)
    Thanks
    E
    I have added a short note on how to embed the custom Xara slider into any main website and provided a download of the example I posted here: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Icecream-Video/

Hopefully, this allows you to have a go and test the approach; there are quite a few different additional controls one can add, but this should get you started.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023