Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Header Object Not Displayed

Working in XDP X version 19, on a windows 11 Pro.

I’m sure this is something really easy that I am missing. Here is a current website.

https://draft-review.com/

In the mobile version, in the header, I added an arrow pointing to the navigation menu. The arrow does not display on preview.
    If I move the arrow down on the page out of the header, it does display in preview.

I’m checking my page and layer gallery, it’s in the mouse off layer.
    Can someone please give me direction as to how to get that arrow to show up in the header?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    PS Tried to upload my XAR and it hangs up; tried zip and at 154 MB still hangs up.

Default Re: Header Object Not Displayed

I think the upload file size limit is about 10MB, so your file was a tad over that.

Not sure if this will help but make sure the arrow is above all the other levels.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think the upload file size limit is about 10MB, so your file was a tad over that.

Not sure if this will help but make sure the arrow is above all the other levels.
    Thank you, Gary.

It is the top object in the mouse off layer.

If I move the same object to either the body, or the footer of the mobile variant, it displays.

So weird, I wonder what’s up with the header, that it won’t display?

I even just tried a fresh template, it won’t show up in the header.

It has to be top on the MouseOff layer. If it is on the MouseOver layer it will only appear if something on the MouseOff layer links to is.

Can You copy one page (right click > Copy Page, then paste the page and save it in a new document. That might give us something to look at without exceeding the 10MB upload limit.

Sue, if you have a Sticky NavBar, it goes above the top of everything not sticky.
    Make the arrow Sticky and put it top.

No design file should be as big as 154MB! The killer are the massive slideshows for Commercial and Residential.
    You need to decouple all these images from the design, upload to an images folder and use another carousel approach.
    I doubt if my machine could even handle this load without really slowing down.

All said, the site is impactful.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just arriving back after an appointment.

Thank you Gary and Acorn.
    Your insight is always so appreciated.
    I made the arrow sticky in that did it.

Acorn, thank you for your thoughts about the massive slide shows.
    I can get images uploaded to an images folder. Any thoughts on another carousel approach?
    Not only is what I have currently memory intensive, but it’s very time intensive.

Thank you for your kind words about the site being impactful.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Just arriving back after an appointment.

Thank you Gary and Acorn.
    Your insight is always so appreciated.
    I made the arrow sticky in that did it.

Acorn, thank you for your thoughts about the massive slide shows.
    I can get images uploaded to an images folder. Any thoughts on another carousel approach?
    Not only is what I have currently memory intensive, but it’s very time intensive.

Thank you for your kind words about the site being impactful.
    Sue, it might be that a three-pipe solution is required.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, it might be that a three-pipe solution is required.

Acorn
    Acorn,

Forgive me, I don't know what a three-pipe solution is.

Also, should I start another thread for gallery ideas, or continue here?

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Acorn,
    Forgive me, I don't know what a three-pipe solution is.
    Also, should I start another thread for gallery ideas, or continue here?
    Sue
    Sue, a Sherlock Holmes trope!

Yes, a new Thread would be useful for all.

Acorn

I am not seeing the arrow on my iPhone. I would make the menu text larger so that it is easier to select. But the site works well on my cell.