Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara DPro x9 ... lost in hard drive crash ... need advice

I have used and loved Xara Design Pro X9 for many years. Lost in HD crash last month. Tried a link I found on here yesterday, seems no longer a valid option for me. Can I not get X9 back somehow? Should I purchase a new version? I do not really need all the website stuff the later versions seem to have. I found some .xar files saved on external drives, and do have an old Xara installation CD (no serial # on the back; for XP/Vista/7/8 - tried to open but wanted SN) I had Win10 Home installed again. SSD hard drive & SSD external drive for backup.
    Thank you for any help you can give! ~Helen~
    Helen (Xara Designer Pro X9)
    www.pinpubstudio.com

Default Re: Xara DPro x9 ... lost in hard drive crash ... need advice

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

if you do not have that info you could try contacting xara through chat on their website for advice; xara have taken back the responsibility for all the programs and they will help if they can

you will find the latest version has many changes in the way it works that may take some getting used to; you can always try the trial version

occasionally you get older versions of xara for sale on websites such as amazon; only ever buy from a reputable supplier if you take that route
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all ... I appreciate your advice/suggestions and will follow-up on them. :hg
    www.pinpubstudio.com

another point - the only versions currently available from xara are the + versions that require you to carry on paying every year or they stop working - not what everyone wants...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by hgregory View Post
    Thank you all ... I appreciate your advice/suggestions and will follow-up on them. :hg
    Hi Helen,

Please contact us directly and lets see if we find a solution for you. www.xara.com/contact-us

Best,
    Matt
    Xara Team

Apologies to anyone waiting for my Xara results. My PC was in the shop for four weeks, followed by two high school reunions and one family wedding. I did contact Xara, but because my X9 was over ten years old, they no longer 'replaced' it. So, I made the decision to buy another (v.19). True it is quite like the one I had, but many little differences ... some frustrating, some appreciated. Yes, I lost many files, including .xar ones. I've now rebuilt most of the .xar ones I needed. Xara was very helpful in the download of the 'correct' version I purchased. I've learned much via trial & error and "googling" for how to... as often "Help" does not help me fast enough! I'm sure I will love this new version as much as the old one! And, thank you all again for your help here! ~Helen~ I still need to figure out why every time I want a different 'line design' I have to download from ??somewhere.
    www.pinpubstudio.com