Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would I make the big golf ball on the bottom right look more pronounce/3d?

How would I make the big golf ball on the lower right look more pronounced/3d? I used the circular mould tool on the text. The shadow around it just gives it a little separation from the background, but isn't the look I'd like to have. Might be an idea to have it look like the golf ball busts through the page? Also, how do you manipulate the circular mould tool once applied? .xar attached also. Thanks!! Nancy Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golf-fore-good.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	133918
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: How would I make the big golf ball on the bottom right look more pronounce/3d?

Place your text small over a white square.

Create a Bitmap Copy True Color > 300dpi

Apply an FX > Deformation > Dent - Bump filter, -100

Repeat this two more times

Scale the bitmap to the size of the golfball

Apply a Multiply transparency

You may want to make the text smaller than I have it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	980.4 KB 
ID:	133927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	133926  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	133925  

Default Re: How would I make the big golf ball on the bottom right look more pronounce/3d?

Just some little modification, making the golf ball a little bigger and putting some shadows on it and the grass to ancor the ball to the ground.

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	133928
    Marco.

Same as Marco with a shadow.

I rebuilt the design with a Mould and dappling of the text to enhance the depth on a fresh ball.

Name:	GB.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	598.5 KB 
ID:	133930

Golf ball.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think trying to get a golf ball to 'pop-out' of a background of other golf balls is fairly difficult. I'd remove the those other balls first.

Then get your golf ball to be outside-the-envelope of the golf group photo.

I've added a gausien blur to that section of the part of the photo the ball covers to again give it a bit of depth of field.
    (I've left it as I created the blur in the attached .xar but you could make it a single image once you've got the effect)

Finally adding an animation further draws the eye to the [Acorns] ball.

DEMO

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks everyone! Here are my attempts. 1st one I tried to come close to Marco's example. 2nd I tried Gary's instruction for text.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadow.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	133939 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadowfxtext.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	133940

First one is better because it is more readable. But well done.

Probably not a popular approach, but I play a lot of golf and coloured balls are very popular. All the above are great ideas from folks with far more talent than me. I might make the ball yellow.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

[just kiddin']
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post

[just kiddin']
    Off topic, but the coloured balls most sold at the local club is …..fluorescent green. Go figure!

Name:	3ABE1824-465D-4EF2-89B5-4BB9D1467556.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	133949
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.