Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How would I make the big golf ball on the bottom right look more pronounce/3d?

Just some little modification, making the golf ball a little bigger and putting some shadows on it and the grass to ancor the ball to the ground.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	133928
    Marco.

Default Re: How would I make the big golf ball on the bottom right look more pronounce/3d?

Same as Marco with a shadow.

I rebuilt the design with a Mould and dappling of the text to enhance the depth on a fresh ball.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GB.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	598.5 KB 
ID:	133930

Golf ball.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think trying to get a golf ball to 'pop-out' of a background of other golf balls is fairly difficult. I'd remove the those other balls first.

Then get your golf ball to be outside-the-envelope of the golf group photo.

I've added a gausien blur to that section of the part of the photo the ball covers to again give it a bit of depth of field.
    (I've left it as I created the blur in the attached .xar but you could make it a single image once you've got the effect)

Finally adding an animation further draws the eye to the [Acorns] ball.

DEMO

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks everyone! Here are my attempts. 1st one I tried to come close to Marco's example. 2nd I tried Gary's instruction for text.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadow.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	133939 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadowfxtext.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	133940

First one is better because it is more readable. But well done.

Probably not a popular approach, but I play a lot of golf and coloured balls are very popular. All the above are great ideas from folks with far more talent than me. I might make the ball yellow.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

[just kiddin']
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Thanks everyone! Here are my attempts. 1st one I tried to come close to Marco's example. 2nd I tried Gary's instruction for text.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadow.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	263.1 KB 
ID:	133939 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jrmc golf 2023 shadowfxtext.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	262.4 KB 
ID:	133940
    Marco.