Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Recent Update mixed up nav bar

Ah. That's the ticket @acorn. Exactly what mine did. I was messing with a web block incorporation onto my site. I recall it was a footer. Xara mentions that one can incorporate a block into existing sites; so I gather thats a bug at the moment.

If one starts with modular components, and continues there's not a problem. The moment you add a block to an existing site that has a designed nav bar that presents the problem. Good to know. Mix and match would be nice, but perhaps not there at the moment.
    - Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Great detective work there Acorn. You can have yesterday off
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@acorn. Thanks for your work on this.
    I’d expect that Xara is going to have to jump on this very quickly. Time was spent on the modular blocks format and the most recent update that blocks can be used for existing websites.

I do like the hybrid version of using blocks within a free form structure, but I’ll have to put the brakes on that quickly.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Thanks - at least I know I'm not going mad although I had narrowed it down myself that adding the web block to a non modular site was the cause - I only hope that if I delete that block and put all the links right, it will stay correct in the future.
    Xara now have my xar file to check it out but it's a tad late for me and won't save me another couple of days work - at least I now know not to add them to any of my more important sites, I have one that is over 300 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo View Post
    Thanks - at least I know I'm not going mad although I had narrowed it down myself that adding the web block to a non modular site was the cause - I only hope that if I delete that block and put all the links right, it will stay correct in the future.
    Xara now have my xar file to check it out but it's a tad late for me and won't save me another couple of days work - at least I now know not to add them to any of my more important sites, I have one that is over 300 pages.
    Kilo. I’ve duplicated the problem with two sites and sent one to Xara. Also once you’ve deleted the block, and changed your links it will hold firm. Fortunately these are quite simple sites under 15 pages.

Xara has informed me they’re expediting a fix.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Thanks to all for helping us with this issue. It will be fixed in 23.3, which is on track for release within the next two weeks.

Come to find out, this was not an issue with 'blocks', but blocks made the issue more visible and prevalent.

Broken links from this issue will need to be fixed manually.

Best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Thanks to all for helping us with this issue. It will be fixed in 23.3, which is on track for release within the next two weeks.

Come to find out, this was not an issue with 'blocks', but blocks made the issue more visible and prevalent.

Broken links from this issue will need to be fixed manually.

Best,
    Matt
    Thanks Matt (& Bill & Acorn) I've re-done all the links on the Main site - just need to go through the mobile site again. Glad to hear the problem has been identified, does anyone know how to re-build my local pub that's been all over the news in the last few days?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by kilo View Post
    ...does anyone know how to re-build my local pub that's been all over the news in the last few days? Andy
    Andy, brick by brick and don't worry about keeping level lines. I loved the Matt cartoon in the Daily Telegraph:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TELEMMGLPICT000345301916_16915987044250_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu.jpeg 
Views:	59 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	133963

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat