Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recent Update mixed up nav bar

The most recent update for Xara+ didn't do me any favors to the Xara ready made nav bar. Links to pages completely jumbled pointing to other pages. Some pages didn't even appear.

Not the first time this has happened strangely enough. I was able to fix on northeastspca.org - but beware to others with many, many more pages.

I'm almost afraid to make changes on other multi-page sites. Oh well - forward Ho !

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Recent Update mixed up nav bar

Hi Bill, I see you're using .html on your site rather than the previous Xara default .htm extension.

I've no idea but perhaps this messed up when republished. Have you always used .html instead of .htm or is this a recent change?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    The most recent update for Xara+ didn't do me any favors to the Xara ready made nav bar. Links to pages completely jumbled pointing to other pages. Some pages didn't even appear.

Not the first time this has happened strangely enough. I was able to fix on northeastspca.org - but beware to others with many, many more pages.

I'm almost afraid to make changes on other multi-page sites. Oh well - forward Ho !

-Bill
    Hi Bill,

Please contact me through xara.com or my email. We want to see your file.

Txs,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Bill, I see you're using .html on your site rather than the previous Xara default .htm extension.

I've no idea but perhaps this messed up when republished. Have you always used .html instead of .htm or is this a recent change?
    I went with html if I recall. I had never thought of that actually. Thanks @egg
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi Bill,

Please contact me through xara.com or my email. We want to see your file.

Txs,
    Matt
    Thanks Matt I will. Also had a question about incorporating blocks into an existing website. Glad to see blocks now reflect the size of the current website. Great update by the way.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

This has also happened to me and I had to spend two days putting them right only to find they're now all messed up again.
    I tested adding a block to a non modular website which is what I think has caused it.

Kilo, are the links working correctly if you preview from xara?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by kilo View Post
    This has also happened to me and I had to spend two days putting them right only to find they're now all messed up again.
    I tested adding a block to a non modular website which is what I think has caused it.
    We would be curious to learn more. Please contact us at www.xara.com/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Kilo, are the links working correctly if you preview from xara?
    No Egg, changed most of the text links to different pages including the nav bar as can be seen on https://www.ruitonmill.co.uk
    Some are correct but there's 42 pages on the site with lots text links to other areas of the site so will take me another couple of days to correct but will probably revert back at the next publish - I'm losing the will to liove as I'm not even being paid for this site as I'm one of the charity trustees :-(
    I put a block at the bottom of https://www.ruitonmill.co.uk/ellowes.htm page as someone loaned us some old photos taken in the 1950's - I think this is what's caused the problem.

Bug Re: Recent Update mixed up nav bar

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    -Bill
    No Egg, changed most of the text links to different pages including the nav bar as can be seen on https://www.ruitonmill.co.uk
    Some are correct but there's 42 pages on the site with lots text links to other areas of the site so will take me another couple of days to correct but will probably revert back at the next publish - I'm losing the will to liove as I'm not even being paid for this site as I'm one of the charity trustees :-(
    I put a block at the bottom of https://www.ruitonmill.co.uk/ellowes.htm page as someone loaned us some old photos taken in the 1950's - I think this is what's caused the problem.
    Both, I sympathise.

I created a very simple set of seven pages and a Xara Site navigation Bar.
    I also included a Menu pop-up layer with the same seven page links. This was called from the Large page number.

Observations:
    • The pop-up must be invoked with Close pop-up automatically unchecked.
      I have left Page 4 - Jazz checked to show the issue.
      This is a major Bug across all versions that Xara has never addressed.
    • A check of every pop-up Link on all pages and ditto for the Xara NavBar shows all works as expected.
    • If I add the simplest 1. text (1c) WebBlock to the first page, the following happens:
      • The second page link disappears from the Menu layer and the NavBar render and edit - poof! gone!
      • All subsequent links now point to the prior page instead.
        I have not tried to reset these as in that lies madness.
      • Adding a WebBlock drops it onto the middle of the design screen.
        If the page bottom is high, the WebBlock goes at the bottom of the page, otherwise it separates out your design where it falls.
      • If the page (Page 2 - About) is locked, it is increased by 53px to accommodate the WebBlock. If not, an extra 399px is abutted under the WebBlock.
      • When adding WebBlocks, the last Menu item get bumped down off the page bottom when rendered.
        Even worse an Undo fails to restore its original position. It acts as if an invisible element or elements with Push is active.
      • Making any element or all into a WebBlock fails to prevent the above Buggy behaviour.

• Adding a WebBlock trashes the design.

Menus.xar - the "invisible" Push has been saved in this file.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-06 152006.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	133937

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat