Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Phone Display too large in my RWD website.

My Website ( www.ronkskitchen.com ) is a RWD website.

Xara Pro V11.

The Website's 2 Variants are:

[MAIN] 1120px
    [SMARTPHONE] 400px

The MAIN display (a red "M" centered in the top edge of the main index page) works correctly on Windows Laptops, Windows Desktops & Apple & Android Notebooks. (Dropdown Menu centering & height scrolling are a separate problem that I am struggling with).

The SMARTPHONE display (a red "S" centered in the top edge of the main index page) will display properly if the cellphone is in Landscape mode, but does not shrink to display properly if the cellphone is viewed in portrait mode. Every friend that uses my site is seeing this problem - they ALL have different cellphones. Changing the Page Width variant from 400px down to 200px doesn't seem to change the display width at all.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Ron

Default Re: Mobile Phone Display too large in my RWD website.

400px is small for a mobile variant. Try 480px or above Ron.

As a side note I'd say your menu system is far to complicated, with 5 menu hamburger menus on a single page .
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg

i found my "problem" It was my eyes not "seeing" The page edges correctly - Will start to fix in earnest this coming winter

I Will upgrade the size & see what the difference in display quality is.

Thanks
    Ron

Agreed. . . . . . .

My menu system IS indeed complicated. But there will eventually be over 1500 individual pages in my site that people have to find & I am not "smart" enough to write a SEARCH data entry field, so I am kind of stuck with the Menus as they are.

Thanks
    Ron