Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Frame boarder

Default Frame boarder

Hi gang. I am using the code provided by facebook and it is below. yet the frame boarder value even though it is set to "0" shows the frame. I need it to dissapear.

The site is here

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F817 227134999052%2Fphotos%2Fa.972938012761296%2F483091 2533630472%2F&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="481" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

Default Re: Frame boarder

Wrap the IFRAME inside a container:

<div style="overflow: hidden; width: 498px; height: 479px;">
    <iframe ...></iframe>
    </div>

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Really don't know how to do it, but Thanks.

behzad, you didn't say that you had already worked on the IFRAME code to cut off the Like bar.

Open the Placeholder Body where you will see your code above.
    Assuming the original is 500x600px, change the Placeholder IFRAME code to:
    Code:
    <div style="overflow: hidden; width: 500px; height: 520px;">
      <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpermalink.php%3Fstory_fbid%3Dpfbid02qnbrvTKcfXXc1KfUdcnBpXYLPMxwGX2363tXXYekr4ZjftAFfS19g1GzTyup6r1Al%26id%3D100063678667000&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500" width="500" height="600" style="border: none; overflow: hidden; transform: scale(1.02);" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>
    </div>
    Do scroll to view all the bold red changes.

Using the CSS transform scales up the IFRAME content by a small amount.
    The containing <div> hides the slight excess, which is the thin border that you don't want.
    The 525px cuts off the bottom part.

Obviously, if the sizes change, you have some adjusting to do.

If you cannot get this working then create a number of white shims (lines and place over where the current border is appearing.
    Quite fiddly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay Thanks. Client said they want the boarder now. Sorry to have bothered you.

I hope they get the rent on time....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I hope they get the rent on time....
    I thought it was a public school gathering. ��*��
    Acorn

I'll lodge a comprehensive answer to that.... when I can think of one
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...