Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slow performance

When i am working with xara designer + for longer than couple of hours, it becomes very slow. So slow, if i carry on working is really unusable.
    My solution so far is to restart xara. Then is fine and fast for about 1 hour and the same think happen.
    My PC is very fast with 12gb of ram. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you

Default Re: Slow performance

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    When i am working with xara designer + for longer than couple of hours, it becomes very slow. So slow, if i carry on working is really unusable.
    My solution so far is to restart xara. Then is fine and fast for about 1 hour and the same think happen.
    My PC is very fast with 12gb of ram. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you
    Andre, i have re-reported a Bug that Xara fixed and which has crept back.

You might be experiencing the same issue.
    Simply close the Utilities > Web Properties dialog. The slowness should disappear.

Clearly useless if you are working with lots of Links.
    In use, the Link to field blinks off for an increasing time that depends on how many Links your design has. This is the slow down I experience.

Xara has advised it will be sorted for its next update.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn for the quick and very informative reply as usual.
    I guess I'll have to wait for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    Thank you Acorn for the quick and very informative reply as usual.
    I guess I'll have to wait for the next update.
    Still, can you confirm this works for your situation?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Still, can you confirm this works for your situation?

Acorn
    Yes it works. When I close Utilities > Web Properties dialog it's not as slow. But when I work on links and reopen the dialogue, slow down again. Sure is a fix but not a solution. I hope Xara will fix the bug