Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mobile Website Menu not Working on iPhone Only

I've just updated a client's website. The menu is not responding on the client's iPhone... he says that "it just stays on the Home page." I do not own an iPhone, but the mobile menu works as it should on my Android Galaxy phone. Any ideas as to what might be causing the problem on an iPhone? And if so, what should I do so it will work properly? TIA!

Joy

https://jbwroughtiron.com.au

Default Re: Mobile Website Menu not Working on iPhone Only

Can you give us a link to the site that is not working? Many of us have iPhones and we can verify and suggest next steps.

Thanks, Gary. That is the link to the site... https://jbwroughtiron.com.au. Like I said, it works for me on an Android... I'm not sure why it's not working for him...

I can confirm the menu links are not working on my iPhone. But the rest of the site looks clean, inviting and professional. Well done.

Acorn or some of the other more savvy members will probably have some idea why the menu is not working. Check back later. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

I can only confirm it's not working on my iphone either.

EDIT: I can also confirm that on my android tablet in mobile view it opens the dropdown menu but the links aren't working.

I suggest you refresh your android phones cache and see if you are still seeing it work.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 July 2023 at 09:02 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Looking at it further the menu button appears to lead to /index_htm_files/33240.png which is your header image. Try putting this to the back.

https://www.jbwroughtiron.com.au/ind...iles/33240.png
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 July 2023 at 09:02 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Odd this would affect an iPhone but not an Android phone, Egg?

Hi Gary,
    I edited my post above so we're cross posting.
    I pointed out the following:

EDIT: I can also confirm that on my android tablet in mobile view it opens the dropdown menu but the links aren't working.
    Egg

Maybe we need to see the XAR/WEB file?

I can also confirm that on my android tablet in mobile view it opens the dropdown menu but the links aren't working.
    It behaves like this on Google Chrome for Windows too when the window is squeezed in to force the mobile view. Menu drops down but not response to clicking.