Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default multiple scripts across multiple pages

Hi Everybody,

I have in mind to establish a "Log-In" and "Sign-Up" link on each page of a site. Lets say there are 8 different pages in the site.

Can I link all 8 "Log-In"s to a single script, or will I need to duplicate the "Log-In" script on each of the eight pages?
    Many Thanks,
    -Paul-
    If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't have to be so persistent.

Default Re: multiple scripts across multiple pages

Paul, it depends.
    It the log-in has a visual impact on the page presentation, you need a Placeholder for each page.
    If not, it can be added to the Website Head or Body.
    I can imagine adding 1,000 login pages and some code to put a different password in each login. great for password hacking or denial of service but possibly frowned on by the White Hat bunch.

My solution is simpler. Have a separate page for the login.
    When the login is a success, JavaScript to go back to the original page.
    Otherwise, you could set up a Layer on each page with a Placeholder that goes to the separate login page, avoiding any scripting.

The question arises, how are you storing the password credentials? Usually, you would require a server-based password manager function.

What I might instead do is use the sign-up to be an email request that hits an autoresponder.
    This replies with a web link, where on accessing, a Local Storage variable is set.
    Back on your website, a Website Head code checks for the presence of the LS variable and suppresses all subsequent Sign-up/Logins.
    The "sign-up" is particular to the used browser.

You gain a collection of emails...

Ideally, you need to fully describe your User Stories.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat