Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Weird Server Reply" Errror Message

Every time I try and publish my website, I keep getting this error lately. "FTP error: Weird server reply". I've verified that my setting match host and the FTP host address is correct.

Default Re: "Weird Server Reply" Errror Message

Probably very specific to you.
    I suggest a Google of your Thread Title; lots of information but you have to tie it into your set up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm getting this exact same problem now and I'm trying to upload a clients website update so its important to me!

Quote Originally Posted by sjukmidlands View Post
    I'm getting this exact same problem now and I'm trying to upload a clients website update so its important to me!
    Sorry to hear but without any detail you have to raise this with Xara/Magix directly.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Most likely (in all the cases we've seen), this is an issue with the FTP Server setup. Usually, this message appears when there is a limit on the number of IPs to connect to the FTP (host) server. In this case, Xara is displaying for you the message received, so you can troubleshoot further. It is not an error in the Xara software.

For further information, this issue only seems to affect my websites hosted by Fasthosts. Both mine and my clients' website are hosted with Fasthosts. My client also has sites I build in Xara hosted by IONIS and these upload with no issues, so the issue seems to be with Fasthosts servers. If I get a resolution to this I shall post it here.

For further information, this issue only seems to affect my websites hosted by Fasthosts. Both mine and my clients' website are hosted with Fasthosts. My client also has sites I build in Xara hosted by IONIS and these upload with no issues, so the issue seems to be with Fasthosts servers. If I get a resolution to this I shall post it here.
    That will be appreciated.

Acorn

Trying various sites I publish for myself and clients, those sites hosted by Fasthosts are now displaying this problem (but were fine previously) - both my own site and my clients sites. I have tried with another of my clients' websites which IONIS hosts and these connect with no problem, so it seems to be an issue with the Fasthosts servers - which I will take up with them and report back.

Trying various sites I publish for myself and clients, those sites hosted by Fasthosts are now displaying this problem (but were fine previously) - both my own site and my clients sites. I have tried with another of my clients' websites which IONIS hosts and these connect with no problem, so it seems to be an issue with the Fasthosts servers - which I will take up with them and report back.
    @All - any other Fasthosts customers out there?

Acorn

Spoken at length with Fasthosts technical support. They can see no issues with their hosting servers, can connect to mine using FTP and cannot advise what to do apart from contacting the software developer (Xara). I will do this. Of note too, I cannot log on to my server using FTP through an open Windows file explorer window. I have disabled all my Windows firewalls. These sites I manage which are hosted by Fasthosts have uploaded perfectly with no issues, previously. If Xara cannot solve it, I will change the hosting company. I've used Fasthosts almost as long as I've been using Xara. (Currently Xara Designer Pro+).
    Last edited by sjukmidlands; 24 February 2024 at 10:13 PM.