Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Links not working on my newly updated website

Thank you Initiostar - your suggestion (repeated shortly after by xara support) to uncheck fast publish worked. I appreciate your taking the time to offer advice.

Thanks all for the help. Problem has been mostly solved re unchecking fast publish. I appreciate your taking the time to offer advice.

Thanks Matt. The issue has been mostly resolved via xara support (I did contact magix first and they did indeed "fob me off" to xara but xara came through. The site is slow to load but once up works perfectly.

Thanks Acorn. as mentioned the site is working now that I have unchecked fast publish. Still slow to load but perfect once it gets there. Lots of good advice from you and I may be in touch for professional services down the line.

Actually, just found that it loads super quick on chrome but not safari even tho I cleared the cache...

Quote Originally Posted by pianomalous View Post
    Thank you Initiostar - your suggestion (repeated shortly after by Xara support) to uncheck fast publish worked. I appreciate your taking the time to offer advice.
    Longer-term I would, as Acorn suggested, look to move your website to a hosting provider that supports SSL (where the http://domain_name becomes https://domain-name). You have ( I think you said) another website with IONOS (which is also my host provider); this could be a future option that includes SSL - my websites are hosted with IONOS without any issues.

You would need to choose a new domain name (as Acorn suggested), register it with IONOS and publish your website to its new home. You would also create a permanent redirect from the Magix domain name to the new domain name to ensure all visitors are auto-redirected to your new host.

You could also consider upgrading to the latest version of Web Designer Plus https://www.xara.com/welcome/ which is direct from Xara.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Longer-term I would, as Acorn suggested, look to move your website to a hosting provider that supports SSL (where the http://domain_name becomes https://domain-name). You have ( I think you said) another website with IONOS (which is also my host provider); this could be a future option that includes SSL - my websites are hosted with IONOS without any issues.

You would need to choose a new domain name (as Acorn suggested), register it with IONOS and publish your website to its new home. You would also create a permanent redirect from the Magix domain name to the new domain name to ensure all visitors are auto-redirected to your new host.

You could also consider upgrading to the latest version of Web Designer Plus https://www.xara.com/welcome/ which is direct from Xara.
    I appreciate the advice! I like Ionos in part because their tech support is available 24/7 by phone so will probably go with them. Other than the different spelling, I don't know what SSL means in a practical sense but will look it up because you experts keep mentioning it!

Hi David. Glad you solved most of your problems. Viewing on an iPad I can’t get your videos on the opening page to work. I’ll clear my cache and see if I can get them working.
    - Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Hi David. Glad you solved most of your problems. Viewing on an iPad I can’t get your videos on the opening page to work. I’ll clear my cache and see if I can get them working.
    - Bill
    Oh thanks Bill. I am able to see all but it takes so long to load I'm afraid people will give up...

Hi Acorn

wondering if you can give me an estimate on cleaning up the back end of the site and making sure it functions properly - it seems to be working pretty well now that I deselected fast publish except for the slow initial load time.
    Thanks, David (pianomalous)

Quote Originally Posted by pianomalous View Post
    Hi Acorn

wondering if you can give me an estimate on cleaning up the back end of the site and making sure it functions properly - it seems to be working pretty well now that I deselected fast publish except for the slow initial load time.
    Thanks, David (pianomalous)
    David, I have emailed you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat