Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Links not working on my newly updated website

Hello

I just updated my website (designed with web design premium) and while it displays perfectly when in preview, online none of the links work.
    I'm thinking lack of server space could be the issue but I don't know how to access the server so I can delete the obsolete files (if any) which may be the problem.
    I have filled out a ticket but my confidence in magix tech support is at a very low point (plus communicating with them is such a long drawn out process - carrier pigeon would be faster - and time is of the essence as I need this website to operate my piano teaching business). If anyone has knowledge of how to locate the magix server or ideas about what else could be the problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

David

Default Re: Links not working on my newly updated website

Quote Originally Posted by pianomalous View Post
    Hello

I just updated my website (designed with web design premium) and while it displays perfectly when in preview, online none of the links work.
    I'm thinking lack of server space could be the issue but I don't know how to access the server so I can delete the obsolete files (if any) which may be the problem.
    I have filled out a ticket but my confidence in magix tech support is at a very low point (plus communicating with them is such a long drawn out process - carrier pigeon would be faster - and time is of the essence as I need this website to operate my piano teaching business). If anyone has knowledge of how to locate the magix server or ideas about what else could be the problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

David
    Hi David,

Assuming you are using Xara/Magix Hosting, then please log in your hosting account here: www.xara-online.com

If you forgot your login details, then the fastest way to contact Magix is to email: infoservice@magix.net

Matt
    Xara

On a PC, try CTRL+F5 to force a clearing of the browsers cache.
    If on mobile, go to the browsers settings > privacy and manually clear the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Hi David,

Assuming you are using Xara/Magix Hosting, then please log in your hosting account here: www.xara-online.com

If you forgot your login details, then the fastest way to contact Magix is to email: infoservice@magix.net

Matt
    Xara
    Thanks Matt
    Yes, for this site I am using magix. My url is davidbstriar.magix.net
    I logged in successfully and was greeted with the following incorrect message "You do not have any Xara Online products.
    What would you like to do?" In fact I have web design premium with update service valid until 4/26/2024. I am at a loss. Every day that goes by without a solution costs me money I can ill afford to lose.
    Still waiting to hear from tech support after being bounced from one place to another...

Thanks Matt
    Yes, for this site I am using magix. My url is davidbstriar.magix.net
    I logged in successfully and was greeted with the following incorrect message "You do not have any Xara Online products.
    What would you like to do?" In fact I have web design premium with update service valid until 4/26/2024. I am at a loss. Every day that goes by without a solution costs me money I can ill afford to lose.
    Still waiting to hear from tech support after being bounced from one place to another...

Thanks Chris - I will try that, I've accessed the site on 3 different computers with the same result but they were all mine so...

I checked your site > http://davidbstriar.magix.net/ and as you say the links do not work. It looks like the published site has been corrupted in some way - use F12 to inspect the site and you can see some of the issues. From the domain name, your original host looks to be Magix Online World and not Xara Hosting, though I am not familiar with the relationship between them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magix_Online_World.PNG 
Views:	66 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	133833

You could try to republish your site to Magix Online World, but make sure fast publish is unchecked.

FYI this may be where you started the original journey > https://www.magix-online.com/uk/your...ices.5007.html

Longer-term TGers may be able to offer an insight here too.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Thank you Initiostar

I will try what you suggest - I republished it again but didn't check to see if the fast publish is unchecked and will do so tomorrow. Nobody seems to know who is responsible for tech support: I began this process by submitting a support request to magix who responded that Xara is handling all support requests "again". When I contacted Xara they said I should contact magix for tech support (but they have nevertheless been looking into it). In addition to them being unsure who's in charge of helping customers, with the time diff (am in US) the process is very drawn out which only makes it worse. If the issue isn't resolved soon I will rebuild the site with another program with another host (maybe Ionus where I have a different site) and eat the cost of the program and the hosting. The prospect of having to do that really sucks but what choice do I have?

Thank you Initiostar

I will try what you suggest - I republished it again but didn't check to see if the fast publish is unchecked and will do so tomorrow. Nobody seems to know who is responsible for tech support: I began this process by submitting a support request to magix who responded that Xara is handling all support requests "again". When I contacted Xara they said I should contact magix for tech support (but they have nevertheless been looking into it). In addition to them being unsure who's in charge of helping customers, with the time diff (am in US) the process is very drawn out which only makes it worse. If the issue isn't resolved soon I will rebuild the site with another program with another host (maybe Ionus where I have a different site) and eat the cost of the program and the hosting. The prospect of having to do that really sucks but what choice do I have?
    Hi Pianomalous. If your issue is hosting-related, then as advised, you will need to contact Magix. Also, I believe we have sent you multiple responses in the last 24 hours since your ticket submission and that we were able to publish the site in a test system with no issues for the file you sent us. We requested more information and received it, the team has continued to investigate. If you are not seeing our messages, then please DM me.

Matt

Lightbulb Re: Links not working on my newly updated website

Thank you Initiostar

David, your URL davidbstriar.magix.net, so clearly hosting support falls to Magix. Magix cannot fob you off as you are publishing a Xara design. I do not think it is a hosting issue or a Xara product issue; somewhere along the publish route things have failed to upload.

As to what you have published:

• You have chosen a Supersite (Export > Transition > Instant or similar) for no meaningful reason. Republish as Website, ensuring you do have Options > Document type set for Web document.
    • A large number of support files are missing: roe.js, replaceMobileFonts.js, prs4.js, jquery.js, ani.css, mediaelement-and-player.min.js, mediaelement player.css, XaraWDGeneratedHTMLfont1.woff.
      • Without these, you site will fail to deliver.

• Since opening your site, I have been alerted to 1,739 messages, all mostly errors.
      • You invoke 5 JavaScript files seven times.

• Other than the index page you have 27 other pages, all with nothing in them.

I think you may have a major undertaking here to publish everything properly. I think thenyou need to redesign the site afresh.

• My first knee jerk is to abandon Magix.

• Include a domain, it is your reputation and link to your livelihood: something like davidstriar.academy might have more punch that davidstriar.com.

I am no musician and you are no web designer (or have no inclination for such). You should therefore come back with what you can visualise. I am sure the TGers will be more than happy to help you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat