Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't buy xsara anymore?

Looks like we can't get V19. B and H had it on it's website so I bought it, only to get a refund.

Re the subscription model, what happens if you stop the subscription? Does the program stop working?

the program defaults to demo mode - effectively it stops working, saving, publishing/preview and access to online content are no longer possible
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Handrawn. Prisoners.

hostages to fortune

That said I sub to some programs, eg MS office, where I need to work in sync with others, but that does not apply to xara in my case...
    Nothing lasts forever...

And, of course, if you stop your MS365 subs, your DOCXs are still openable in the standalone versions. Not so in this case.

As we say here in Oz, "Not Happy Jan!".

true in the case of MS365, although if you work for/with an organisation you need to have the software they use or you can soon be in trouble if you are not up to date

if you are lucky a project you are woking for will grant you a 'seat' on a multiple licence for the duration
    Nothing lasts forever...

the program defaults to demo mode - effectively it stops working, saving, publishing/preview and access to online content are no longer possible
    That's correct but leave V18 on your hard drive. That will still work you just lose access to the online content but if you have a currently valid copy you can d/l all the content and save it to your hard drive.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi all,

It seems that the non-subscription choices are limited. Xara Designer Pro X11 is available as a download from Amazon.co.uk. The seller is Amazon. I have the DVD version with a printed manual and am quite happy with it. If you need more bells and whistles, consider subscribing.

the deal I see is download only software - not refundable so be sure before you buy
    Nothing lasts forever...