Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change aspect ration of image boxes in web blocks

I'm using a Modular Website template - the one for selling commercial products, and it's associated Web Blocks.

The website is for greeting cards and prints.

Currently, the aspect ratio of the boxes for images is 5:4, speaking in landscape terms (5 being the horizontal side).

Some of my cards are portrait (2:3 or 3:4). And the boxes for images force the cards to fit so that top and bottom of a card are missing.
    A card or image cannot be scaled 'inside' a box, but the shortest side snaps to fit the box.

So, is there a way to allow a box to accept an image of any ratio?

Or, is there a way to make boxes of various aspect ratios?

Thanks in advance!

Seamus

Default Re: Change aspect ration of image boxes in web blocks

Seamus, select the WB and right-click Open WebBlock.
    In the Page & Layer Gallery click down into each Group that holds an image and Open Group into that.
    You can now select the image and adjust the aspect ratio.
    You will have to tweak the layout of the text block as well.
    Save this Edit inside tab and Save the next Edit inside tab until you are back on the design page.

I, instead, might swap the 3 images WB for a 2 images one and edit that.

You've then got to do the same with any Variant WB but as this is one image wide, it is simpler to alter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. I still haven't got the process right:

Save this Edit inside tab and Save the next Edit inside tab until you are back on the design page.

After changing aspect ratio of image and text, when I 'Save this Edit inside tab', everything goes back to the way it was.
    And when I close the other Edit inside tab, it doesn't ask me to save it.

?

Seamus

Quote Originally Posted by XByrne View Post
    Thanks, Acorn. I still haven't got the process right:

After changing aspect ratio of image and text, when I 'Save this Edit inside tab', everything goes back to the way it was.
    And when I close the other Edit inside tab, it doesn't ask me to save it.
    ?
    Seamus
    Sorry Seamus, the problem is with the objects being wrapped in a Layout Group. This is something only Xara sets up and controls, I think to protect its "intellectual propery" of the layout design.

AFAICS, just Ungroup the Layout, make your changes and Save out.
    It still seems to product a working WB.

Open WebBlock.
    Ungroup.
    Edit inside each Group.
    Save for each.
    Save for WB.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn.

That worked like a charm!

Seamus