Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I would like your expert help on creating the attached graphic in xara designer

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Your wish is my command HD
    dare i say you're on a roll there egg....

in the dog and duck a local of mine, there is a radiator painted to match the wall pattern, but it's not a tartan; if I remember I'll get a pic next time I'm there, maybe you could do one of those
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: I would like your expert help on creating the attached graphic in xara designer

Intrestingly that is a specially made tartan for Ukraine. Not by me of course
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'll flag that for future reference
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Acorn and egg. I am actually trying to create a xara animation that I can export to .mpg for a facebook post. I can't used the shadowed bars as created in xara, because the colored part of the bar lengthens down, then the shadow pops in after. I tried using a bitmap or jpeg, but it they animate up black, then red, then the color. (jpg wouldn't work anyway because I don't want the white background.) I ended up exporting each letter with the bar as .png. The animation works, with a little distortion on the top of the bar and shadow. I can't make the starting size of the .png transparent so I moved it off the page. I plan to add more to this but please advise so far. xar attached Thanks! (using the blend tool with text is cool!)

Nancy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Nancy, I don't know why you're getting the odd effects. I've amended your xar file and all seems to work well.
    It's been a life-time since I've used Xara's animation. Unfortunately you can only export as a gif or avi. Gif won't tween so that's no good and avi is huge. I set the background as transparent but this didn't work
    I converted it via online site to MP4.
    Attached xar file

MP4 DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg. Thanks for looking at it. Your right, works fine if you don't size the graphic down on top to slide it down. I guess I was thinking it had to stretch, no idea why. I uploaded the .avi to free canva to add audio and export to mp4. Attached is what I have so far, not great but it will work for facebook. Thanks for your help.