Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default SHRINKING HEADERS

Is is possible to have a shrinking header in Xara web design that shrinks after scrolling down for a set length?

This is my first time using Xara WD and just wondered if it were possible to create a shrinking header in Xara the same as I do in Wordpress.

Thanks for any help.

Info Re: Shrinking Headers

csteiner, welcome to TalkGraphics. You have listed Designer Pro in your profile but are asking about Web Designer.
    It helps if we know your actual product and version - use help About and copy and paste the top line.

The trick is to have two menubars. The smaller is underneath. Both are set as Sticky.
    The top one is kept visible by a Named shape, which is near the top of the page.
    When you scroll, the shape disappears off the top of the page and this is the trigger to hide to larger menubar.

You would create a shape or use an existing one and place it around 150px down from top of page.
    Name it something like 'showTopMenu', without the quotes.
    Set the top menubar as Sticky, Repeat on all Pages and possibly Group or Soft-Group.
    Do similar with the underneath menubar.
    Select the top menubar and in its Web Animation properties open the Reveal/Scroll tab.
    For this Reveal animation, you pick its Trigger object name as 'showTopMenu'.

You can now Preview and test and change your settings.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 24 June 2023 at 04:27 PM. Reason: TG prefers not to have SHOUTY Thread Titles
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Shrinking Headers

Many thanks for your response and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section. My version is Xara Designer Pro - which includes web design functions. So I thought I had to post in the web design section. For furture< please tell me which section I need to post in for web designer queries using Xara Designer Pro.

Thanks again.

Default Re: Shrinking Headers

Quote Originally Posted by csteiner View Post
    Many thanks for your response and advice. It is greatly appreciated.
    I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section. My version is Xara Designer Pro - which includes web design functions. So I thought I had to post in the web design section. For furture< please tell me which section I need to post in for web designer queries using Xara Designer Pro. Thanks again.
    No the Forum is right. It was your description of the product in question as you specified "Xara WD". Xara's & Magix's general naming is very disruptive and misleading at the best of times.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat