Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using the Facebook Page Plugin

This is a Page plugin one can use for embedding a Facebook page into a website > https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s/page-plugin/

I had thought it would be straight-forward; enter the URL, width and height, generate the code and insert this into a placeholder. However it does not render which I am guessing is a security issue maybe?

Any thoughts welcome - and whether there would be a better way to do this? The objective is to retain a visitor on the site, rather than have them hit the FB button and head-off elsewhere.

Thanks
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Default Re: Using the Facebook Page Plugin

Gary, it probably needs to be published properly and not just viewed in a Preview.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, it was a Google browser error not replicated in Edge or FF; cleared cookies and cache in my Google browser and it fired-up as expected. Apparently a known error.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Just something related to this, I managed to place the posts from my client on her website. Although placing multiple placeholders on one page can be difficult due to spacing between each article, so far it looks ok.
    https://www.clearsoundhearing.ca/articles.htm

Firefox doesn't load any FB content at all on that page behzad
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 June 2023 at 07:53 PM. Reason: used 'video' not 'content'
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just downloaded firefox and it is working.

Hi Behzad, as it worked fine for you I suspected it must have been an extension I was using.
    It turned out to be Facebook container
    Facebook Container

Facebook Container isolates your Facebook activity from the rest of your web activity in order to prevent Facebook from tracking you outside of the Facebook web site via third party cookies.
    Once disabled the videos showed up. So best be aware this may be an issue with site visitors.

So if I suddenly start getting flooded with hearing-aid ads when on FB I at least know who to blame
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bte13pp-1-300x300.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	133748

See, now you've started it!
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    This is a Page plugin one can use for embedding a Facebook page into a website > https://developers.facebook.com/docs...s/page-plugin/

I had thought it would be straight-forward; enter the URL, width and height, generate the code and insert this into a placeholder. However it does not render which I am guessing is a security issue maybe?

Any thoughts welcome - and whether there would be a better way to do this? The objective is to retain a visitor on the site, rather than have them hit the FB button and head-off elsewhere.

Thanks
    That looks good Gary. I’ve always wrestled with code from FB. A church wanted a scrolling FB imbed, but couldn’t make it non clickable. I too want them to hang around on the web page.
    I’ve found safari didn’t show the Facebook imbed at all. Google was fine, but FB was nada.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.