Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A 'cache-control' header is missing or empty.

Not sure why my website developed in Xara Web Designer+ shows this error when inspecting the site in the Edge Browser. I saw a thread, auto-cache, that Alcorn made some suggestions. But due to my inexperience, it was difficult to understand. Any help to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.

Default Re: A 'cache-control' header is missing or empty.

Quote Originally Posted by klowetx View Post
    Not sure why my website developed in Xara Web Designer+ shows this error when inspecting the site in the Edge Browser. I saw a thread, auto-cache, that Alcorn made some suggestions. But due to my inexperience, it was difficult to understand. Any help to resolve this issue would be much appreciated.
    klowetx, in a nutshell, Xara renders HTML code that does not care about caching. That task is down to how & where you are serving your pages.

Before HTML5 you could add a caching <meta> Tag into your website head. You could try: <meta http-equiv="Cache-control" content="public">, but with no guarantees. It may fool Edge but might be doing nothing.

What is far better is to add a .htaccess file into the root folder of your website. Xara cannot do this for you although it does allow you to 'Explore web space' through its Publish > Settings.
    Normally, you would access the root folder through some FTP client.

Another approach is to hook into a free Cloudflare service, https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/abo...tion/?pr=asas1, where the cache-control is covered by Cloudflare's CDN servers instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat