Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unfound bug

Default Re: Unfound bug

@Egg, I took the liberty of playing with your navigation: Bus.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Boy.

Cheers Acorn
    I don't know what you did but keep doing it!
    Neither do I. Somewhere along the line this xar file became corrupted.

In passing, the contact: paint; code needed to accommodate Variants ....
    I can confirm this does indeed work. I've included it in the site (link below). I see no page length issues and the mobile version works fine. All green in PageSpeed Insights.

https://parkeston.com/hc20a/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg, I took the liberty of playing with your navigation:
    Acorn, no liberty. I like this effect even more than my current navbar.

One thing I can't figure out is the mouseOver buttons are triggered by links on the mouseOff layer:
    javascript: ;
    How do I add links to the different pages?

Here are two variations of your original:

https://www.parkeston.com/tg/bus-2/

https://www.parkeston.com/tg/bus-3/

What I like about not using the Xara navbar is the fact that there are only 2 images used for all 2 x 7 (14) button states as can be seen in the bus-2 version and they can be named. I've also made the navbar sticky.

One final question is it possible in any way to stop the page flashing as it loads the next page. Perhaps an overlay that is only visible until the page is fully loaded?

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 05 June 2023 at 04:22 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I apologise for moving everything onto the MouseOff layer (except !selected), but it made more sense to me that way...horses for courses and all that.

Changed the Transition Effect in Export to Scroll Horizontal to smooth out the flicking pages.
    Changed the Page Background to Pasteboard Background to eliminate a white border that appeared when changing pages.
    Gave the arrows and titles a Fade In Reveal Animation, again to stop a flicking effect.
    Removed some hidden rectangles as I couldn't see what they did.
    Removed the vans on MouseOver to keep it clean.
    Left the Layer !selected and the Website HTML Code (Head) as I presume you did that to reduce the number of images.

I have a horrible feeling I've missed the mark and gone off on a tangent, but have fun with the file anyway.

my-Bus-2a.xar

@Egg, just change the MOff Link javascript: ; for your required page.
    The demo needed a dummy link and as there were no other pages i used this. People often use '#' (wrongly).

I have found this CSS works well for flashing and scaling issues:

<style>
    html, body {
    animation: fadein 16ms;
    }
    @keyframes fadein {
    0%, 65% { opacity: 0; }
    100% { opacity: 1; }
    }
    </style>

Detail here, https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...608#post654608.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ Acorn: Spot on, that solves the flashing issue. Talk about missing the bleeding obvious re the links! Why isn't # correct?

@ Chris:
    ...horses for courses and all that.
    Indeed. Using these additional layers is my prefered way of working.

I have a horrible feeling I've missed the mark and gone off on a tangent, but have fun with the file anyway.
    Yes you are missing something but I'm off out & will explain later. Thanks for your input.

Latest version
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Why isn't # correct?
    Egg, a '#' will move the view to the top of the page. When I am testing, i might not want that. A '#' also invokes Xara code, which may muddy my testing.

Acorn

Thanks Acorn
    Egg

@ Chris:

Here's what I think you were missing

https://youtu.be/RzYHcT2MlDY
    Egg

Yep, that makes sense. I removed the drop-down buses early on in my playing, as my brain went 'simply everything'. So, in effect, the first thing I did was remove the very thing you wanted. I'm consistent