Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Hover activates color field in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Testing that on FF shows no page content Acorn. All okay on other browsers.
    Egg, it is 100% with FFv114.0, 64-bit.
    You do have MOff layer visible and not in Solo mode?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn,

I did try your new version, but should one want to have an object with a LINK then the MouseOver of the linked object removes the background that would otherwise be present, or if you give that object the pass-through name it cannot pick up the link en-route.

This was not the case with your earlier version I used > https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Underlay/.

I also tested your first version with a video (placeholder on the MouseOver layer) and it works other than one cannot maintain the default cursor; maybe I would have to add that to the placeholder code?

While on the subject of MouseOver and video, some time back you & Egg developed an effect which I extended to have a MouseOver video background> https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/eggAnchor/. The cursor looked like it had a minor change, but unfortunately I cannot trace the TG thread to work out how we did it. Anime.js springs to mind?

@Egg - tested the second version and it worked on desktop FF here.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Thanks Acorn,
    I did try your new version, but should one want to have an object with a LINK then the MouseOver of the linked object removes the background that would otherwise be present, or if you give that object the pass-through name it cannot pick up the link en-route.
    This was not the case with your earlier version I used > https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Underlay/.
    I also tested your first version with a video (placeholder on the MouseOver layer) and it works other than one cannot maintain the default cursor; maybe I would have to add that to the placeholder code?
    While on the subject of MouseOver and video, some time back you & Egg developed an effect which I extended to have a MouseOver video background> https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/eggAnchor/. The cursor looked like it had a minor change, but unfortunately I cannot trace the TG thread to work out how we did it. Anime.js springs to mind?
    Gary, I did say that the pass-through stopped any triggers.
    I felt the loss of the background when on a Link was a fair choice as it then let you know something was afoot.

The first approach was fine if the entire object was the Link; you cannot add a Link to text unless it is for the complete text area.

For the video, just alter the CSS to tell the video not to be silly:

<style>
    .underlay {
    z-index: -1;
    }
    .default, .underlay, #myvideo {
    cursor: default;
    }
    </style>

I did do a piece on SVG custom cursors, based on https://css-tricks.com/using-css-cursors/.

Of course,
    #myvideo {
    cursor: none;
    }
    is also a possibility for those who hate cursors spoiling the view.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I found some mouse-over swap images online and managed to reconstruct (very roughly this effect)
    Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

If your looking for cursor changes you can create them yourself:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, it works for me now too. My computers doing strange things lately!
    Egg

Yes, it works for me now too. My computers doing strange things lately!
    Thanks Egg will play around with your XAR.

@Acorn, many thanks for the MouseOver ideas - have tried a mix and match from both versions now - understand your approach to version 2; just was not on the same wavelength at the time.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Using the same method as the anchor swapsies I've created these two mouse over effects:

https://parkeston.com/tg/swapsies-hazard/

Egg

Egg

Interesting effect Egg with the video showing through on the cover image, but how is it done?

Reworked the "anchor" with your code, but tried another idea too > https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/eggAnchor/ - stopped short having the MouseOver turn-on/off the video/audio and stayed with the browser controls.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk