Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Xara Web Designer require Windows based web server?

I did a search, but didn't find anything that seemed to fit my question.

Anyone know if Xara Web Designer Plus requires a Windows based server, or can it also be used with a Linux based web server? I need to change my web hosting company and I'm seeing they offer different options.

The reason I'm looking for a new hosting company is that I got a surprise on my credit card bill where my host more than doubled my monthly subscription charge. I got on chat with them and it took a while, but they finally just said that prices have increased across the board, and that's that. (I'm in the United States, by the way.)

Thanks,
    Mark.

Default Re: Does Xara Web Designer require Windows based web server?

Mark, Xara's web output is static HTM pages and is agnostic to how it is served up.
    Windows servers are in a low minority: https://w3techs.com/technologies/overview/web_server.
    Mine is Apache but then served through Cloudflare.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Does Xara Web Designer require Windows based web server?

Thanks Acorn.
    I was sort of thinking that it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to know for sure. I didn't want to drop my old company and go with a new one and then have them tell me that it won't work.