Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New AI Tool in Photoshop

Quite an amazing new AI tool in Photoshop: Generative Fill Tool. It's still in beta but can already do amazing stuff. There are already many videos and here's a sample of what it can do:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LX...rainingChannel.

Default Re: New AI Tool in Photoshop

Impressive but how many people will go over to the dark side?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't know but I posted the link because it will change image editing and other image software companies will most likely come up with their versions of the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I don't know but I posted the link because it will change image editing and other image software companies will most likely come up with their versions of the tool.
    I suppose if I was releasing such a tool, I would have found some way to embed its construction query parameters into the image so it could not be passed off as genuine.

I fear we are losing the real.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@Acorn "I fear we are losing the real"
    I ran across these words a short time ago.

"Over the last few years we've arrived at the technological level that we will never know, from here on, if anything is "fake" or not.

So, I say nothing is fake anymore. There is no "real", neither. One is on one's own from now on to make up what one prefers.

That's why McLuhan said "making" dominates "matching"."

What a tangled web we weave.
    sunland

let's say i watch grizzy on tv, everything looks perfect and polished
    the cat fills look like ....
    the repair tools repair bad photos
    and fills.. look better now
    i guess AI must be unbelievably great

We keep talking about the creation being fake or real. But that’s not the issue. The issue is the creator (artist, writer, musician) being fake or real. That evidence is not casually present in the creation, but in the creation’s history. That is a separate provenance.

a creator that uses AI is standing on the shoulders of giants, just like any other creator that emulates, but without necessarily knowing what those sources are; and the nature of the tool means that the floodgates may open for unoriginal derivative work, that may crowd out the original sources
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...