Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Animation AVI Export

Hi

I have used Xara for many, many years, but I have never had any cause to use the animation features. Now I am trying to produce a simple animation for a presentation, where a line travels along a route across a map background (bitmap) - 3-4 frames.

GIF export works fine but the limitations of GIF are visible in the end result.

So I tried AVI export to product a video. All my attempts end with an error like:

Failed to tween object "g2555"
    Blend error: It's not possible to have nested tween names
    Between frames "N\A' and "Frame 26".

Frame 26 is my first frame and I have no idea want Frame N\A refers to.

I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+ 23.1.0.66918 SL x64

Any experience or thoughts about this?

Thanks

Charlie

Default Re: Animation AVI Export

Charlie, far cleaner to avoid AVI altogether.

Read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...s-Line-Drawing with Egg's demo - https://www.parkeston.com/tg/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

gif export does not use tween; avi does, as I recall the way xara does that is flash based

all I can say is you have not set it up correctly; I don't use xara for this and the manual is not very helpful, I know; hopefully some expert will help out....

Edit - looks like they have
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Acorn

Thanks - that looks very interesting. Unfortunately my end product needs to be a PP slide dominated with a large bitmap (relief map) with a simple line animation. The gif export is fast, simple and gives want I need - just a little lacking in colour depth. Given my time constrains (I need 12 of these plus the rest of the presentation) if will do the job OK.

I soon at I saw the the video export used AVI I had a bad feeling that this would be one of the neglected corners of Xara where it is better not to venture!

All the best

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Charlie, far cleaner to avoid AVI altogether.

Read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...s-Line-Drawing with Egg's demo - https://www.parkeston.com/tg/.

Acorn

Charlie, if it is PP then use timed steps in Animations. Not used PP for a time so you'll have to dig around.

Here is a 5-min mashup: Pub Crawl.zip

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 27 May 2023 at 01:20 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes - I could just export high quality images of each "frame" and make them a PP slide each. Lots of extra slides to manage but I might do this if I have the time.

Thanks again

Charlie

Charlie, if it is PP then use timed steps in Animations. Not used PP for a time so you'll have to dig around.

Here is a 5-min mashup: Pub Crawl.zip

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJeit View Post
    Yes - I could just export high quality images of each "frame" and make them a PP slide each. Lots of extra slides to manage but I might do this if I have the time.
    Thanks again Charlie
    No, the upload is a single animated slide! I used a Pen Tool and then selected each segment and applied a 2-second Replay animation. All Segments follow in sequence but you can adjust timings with other triggers.

Acorn

Acorn

Yes - that looks very useful - hadn't come across that feature in PP before. Definitely will have a go at this - many thanks.

BTW that is a very impressive pub crawl - but I think I will restrict my maps routes to roads and tracks!

Better stop now before we get too off topic!

Many thanks

Charlie

No, the upload is a single animated slide! I used a Pen Tool and then selected each segment and applied a 2-second Replay animation. All Segments follow in sequence but you can adjust timings with other triggers.

Acorn

Hi Charlie. I've had the error before. I'm not exactly sure anymore, but it had to do with named objects. I beleive I had objects grouped and the inside objects had names - something like that. I think I've accidently gave an object 2 names also and that caused problems.

Nancy