Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is this page called?

I have nearly completed my webpage in Xara, but I need to know how to create a page(s) with the following criteria:

The three pages are my legal pages (Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer)
    I want menu buttons (already made) pointing to them for viewing
    I do not want them part of the regular website construction since they are just "small print"
    So when scrolling through the regular pages, they are "invisible" unless you click on the menu button

The problem for me is I have no idea what these kind of pages would be called in order to look up how to do them in the Xara manual. Believe me I have really tried, but with no success. Normally I would point the menu button to my secondary WordPress webpage and have them there, but I am doing as little in WordPress as I can. Please help me--this is my last hurdle before launching my site! Thank you in advance.

Default Re: What is this page called?

I would have thought that you seperately upload the pages to your host and then set the url for these in your button link properties, but I'm no expert
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I would have thought that you seperately upload the pages to your host and then set the url for these in your button link properties, but I'm no expert
    Thank you for the idea Handrawn! I can see where that would work, I could even do all three together and link to the top of each item. Sort of a sub-webpage instead of using WordPress as a secondary one. I appreciate the suggestion.

you are welcome
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

A Xara NavBar need not show every design page. You control this or any button arrangement you care for.

What I normally would do is add a Footer, stuck to the bottom, and repeated across all pages of these three as Text Links, not buttons to emphasise they are different and distinct but of the site.
    Let them remain part of the entire website design as publishing separately achieves little.

If you have a scrolling website, just make them the last pages.
    You could make them into a single page, The Legal Stuff, and have the links just move to their respective Bookmark.

They can be plainer and a different size to the 'proper' site.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Acorn and thank you for the advice! I am using a scrolling page style, so I see what you mean by putting them as last pages. I have already placed a secondary menu at the bottom of each page and the buttons point primarily to the legal pages. I think it would be easier to have them reside in the Xara construct as you suggest but at the end.

I do have one more clarification about Xara's abilities. I need a functional blog, but I believe that it is not possible in the Xara construct--so I am assuming that I must use an outside app/service and use a button on my Xara menu to point to it? This is the final hurdle before we publish and thanks to Xara we have a marvelous website superb functionality. Thank you again for all your help! Bruce

Bruce, you might look at Nabble, http://s1.nabble.com/free-blog.html, if you want to embed it into your website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat