Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop and POST!

Nice to have you back John ...

I'm not sure what the significance of an Indian goddess landing on a turtle is ... but it looks like you're off to a good start.

-Ed.

What a great thread!

I'm really enjoying this one! Thanks all!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnLogan1973:
    Here's what i'm currently workin on for my dad, he has a country and western site and asked me to make an Indian Godes landing on a turtle this is how far i am at the moment 100% XaraX.I put a close up with it so you can see some detail.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Johnlogan,

Beautiful drawing of a southern european in stereotypical garb. Do a little research into native american facial characteristics and traditional garb. Native americans get very upset with the anglo stereotypes(like lawsuit time). If it is for more than a personal site, do a little research. Your babe, looks like a 30's hollywood stereotype.

Just my 2 cents worth.

John/DOT
    John/DOT

Usually have two or three on the go… Been going back and forth on this one for some time (sorry about the pun). Still not happy with it – most likely end up in the never finished folder.

Steve

http://www.hubtown.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocker.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	5886  

Why is it that you're not happy with it? To me it looks great. I'm really curious why you have doubts about this one.

Jolande

Kind of hard to explain Jolande –

You know that a picture is starting to 'work' when you feel better and better about it each time you spend time on it – it all starts to fit together nicely. I’ve gotten to feel less and less excited about this one as I’ve gone along. And I’m looking at maybe 30% more work to do on it..

I do like the chair and the floor but the rest of the objects just don’t seem to work that well together or are causing me problems. Like, the light source which is a bit iffy anyway and the window needs curtains and the curtains are going to mess up the light source on the chair in a big way

One good thing is that I always seem to learn more with pictures that don’t work out so well

Best wishes,

Steve

http://www.hubtown.com

I kinda like it Steve ... thanks for sharing it with us. Maybe you'll see it differently if you put it up for a few days.

-Ed.

A dollar short and a week late :-o

I've just started explorations for a logo for a fooundation called Journey into Film that teaches middle grade students about different cultures through films.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logos.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	9417  

Steve,

How about adding a black and white portrait photo (picture frame) on the wall to the left of the lamp, and a cup of tea and some biscuits on the sidetable (but you might have to move the lamp a bit to the right, or make it smaller in order to get some room for it?) Some slippers in front of the rocking shair, and mouse hole (entrance) on the floor board on the right hand side... with a mouse raising in there with a biscuit... chased by a cat streaking across the orange carpet? How about a folded newspaper on the rocking chair?

The only object sticking out to me as missing some detail, is the lamp cover. A bit more definition there, and the white area won't be as overpowering.

I think you have something going here - don't give up on it. I think you are doing great.

Risto

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Hi Gary ...

I knew you would be working on something interesting. Something about the "film highway" catches my eye. Hope you share different logo versions with us as usual.

-Ed.