Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Stop and POST!

here's '66 mustang gt fastback i just finished. didn't have a real good photo, so some details are not very refined. i had a '66 once that was red, but not a fastback or gt. it was the standard 289 v8. sweet car, wish i still had it...
    ron
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66mustgt.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	4042  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This image is just something I've been fooling around with. I'm not very happy with it so far. I've been thinking of it as a time machine. The cast iron part was imported from SketchUp. The drawing also uses elements from older Xara drawings.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	time-machine.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	409  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightedduke:
    Richard,
    Really like what you're creating here. I've always been a scifi nut. Don't think I would attempt a project like this myself. Think I'll just admire your work...
    ron
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The feelings mutual Ron. I KNOW I would not have the patience to work on strictly mechanical things like cars and motor bikes, I think I would pull my hair out and throw the computer out the window!! Your stuff, along with Kane Rogers and a few others is just mind blowing to me. I am quite impressed and a bit in awe of your talent for sure.

Now just say a prayer that my little ADD mind stays focused on this project long enough to see it finished!!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross Macintosh:
    This image is just something I've been fooling around with. I'm not very happy with it so far. I've been thinking of it as a time machine. The cast iron part was imported from SketchUp. The drawing also uses elements from older Xara drawings.

Regards, Ross<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ross,

Long time, how the heck are ya besides to busy to see straight??

I think this has allot of potential but if it were a time machine then I would subtract the texture from the square and beveled objects and then build it up from there. I think of a time machine as futuristic and it would also need either a seated area or a tube type of thing for the person or object.

Many of the time machines that I have seen in comic books and sci fi novels either have one of those or has two cylinder poles with a platform in the middle where the person stands (or object is placed) and the control consol close by or interconnected somehow.

Love to see this finished and hopefully I gave you a bit more input to work off of!

Richard

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,
    I don't think anyone who follows these forums had any question about your ... um ... orientation. Whatever "flips your wig" is fine with me, but I came to this forum to have fellowship with other "artists" about creating "art". I find it much too easy to stumble across that other crap (like the post left by NITM in the Announcement Forum) everywhere else. I don't mean to PREACH to you guy (or GAL whatever the case may be), because your artwork speaks for itself ... and you have more talent in your little finger (which no doubt is adorned with polish and sparkles) than I have in my entire body. Blaming it all on JohnR works for me.

Ron,
    Thank you for the fabulous '66 Mustang! It really takes me back to my misguided youth. I was fortunate to have one then ... and we are a fortunate group to have you sharing these wonderful illustrations with us. Keep 'um coming

Ross,
    I've only been on the forum since August and I believe this is the first thing I have seen you do. I really like the composition. At first I thought the "cast iron" part was ornamental ceiling tiles. It has that "shock value" feeling to it like a Salvador Dali painting ... as a piece of the puzzle is removed to expose something you didn't expect underneath. I like it.

-Ed.

[This message was edited by OklaEd on March 13, 2004 at 14:57.]

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Richard,

Your space being is coming along fine... Keep up the good work...

Ron,

Love the stang... Reminds me of a friends car from my wild youth. Good job!

Ross,

Love the time machine. Has an H G Wells feel for it. I would like to see more of it.

To All,

Blaming it all on JohnR works for me...

I caused all this OT garbage and have been taken out behind the woodshed and shown the error of my ways.

John/DOT
    John/DOT

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnR:
    I caused all this OT garbage and have been taken out behind the woodshed and shown the error of my ways.

John/DOT<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooo, you lucky boy you, hope she had a big ole' switch from that Oak tree there yonder!

Richard

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard ...

... you are incorrigible

-Ed.

I know, that's what makes me so darned loveable!!

Oh and by the way Ed, you are very kind to say that I have so much talent in my little finger, if it wasn't for my ADD still haunting me as an adult I might have more stuff to show every one but I start projects and then my mind goes a million other places and I get side tracked. I hear that many creative persons have this so at least I'm not in the boat alone!!!

Imagine a 43 year old male with ADD, kinda sad!! but true!!

Richard

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---