Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Smoking

With today in Britain being "No Smoking Day" I developed this drawing from an Illustrator book.

I did the drawing in AI and then I thought I would test my speed by doing it exactly the same way in XaraX. Any guesses which programme was faster? I have to say that I am just getting the hang of AI CS. The thing that defeats me so far in AI is the editing what a Pain.

At the moment in Britain we are having adverts on the TV which are quite horrific Passive Smoking ads. This drawing is very hypocritical as I had about 4 cigs doing this drawing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No_Smoking.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	16006  
    Design is thinking made visual.

With today in Britain being "No Smoking Day" I developed this drawing from an Illustrator book.

I did the drawing in AI and then I thought I would test my speed by doing it exactly the same way in XaraX. Any guesses which programme was faster? I have to say that I am just getting the hang of AI CS. The thing that defeats me so far in AI is the editing what a Pain.

At the moment in Britain we are having adverts on the TV which are quite horrific Passive Smoking ads. This drawing is very hypocritical as I had about 4 cigs doing this drawing!

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

The use of pale purple for the skin tones really makes a statement!

Judi

Nice drawing and I would guess that XaraX was the winner in speed!!

Been smoke free for about 13 years now and I don't miss it a bit!! All I have to do is see an adult puffing away in front of their children, which totally grosses me out, just as bad a cussing in front of the children in my book but it physically does some really aweful things to the body.

Blackened and diseased lungs and liver usually comes to mind when I think about smoking again. Cancer, TB, shorness of breath and all that wonderful stuff. The fact that you are a victim of your own ego and a slave to that horrible addiction would be enough to get me to quit anyway. I don't like it when something controls my every thought.

I used to get up in the morning starving for a cig and used to schedule my day around when the next smoke break was. That's really sick in my book. So I quit, along with drinking and I don't miss either!!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAMWolff:
    So I quit, along with drinking and I don't miss either!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Richard,

I quite the drinking part...

Once they invented the funnel.

I have cut down on my smoking... But they will have to tear the ciggarettes out of my cold dead fingers.

John/DOT
    John/DOT

Hi Albacore,

I like the drawing. It is way cool!

Xara had to beat illustrator!

John/DOT
    John/DOT

love the style and choice of colors. really nice work.

Hi Albacore, like the drawing. Maybe to be busy with that theme sets your mind on thinking to quit smoking. I stopped nearly 3 years ago and I can't believe that I've ever had that nasty habit. Just as Richard the first thing I did in the morning was have a smoke.
    I tried stopping before and the fear of failing kept me a long time from trying again. The last time I wanted to be sure that I would succeed, so I set a date, some 2 months ahead and I red the book written by Alan Carr and learned that it was more a mental issue and less a psychical one. The one sentence that struck me was:" Smokers are more and more the minority, see that you're not one of the last people to quit". It was difficult but not as difficult as I had feared.
    A month ago cigarettes here went up in price from about €4,- up to nearly €5,- ! In the shop where I work I see people buying cigarettes for €40,- or even €50.- every week! Imagine what you could do with that amount of money!!!!!!!!!

Jolande

Have tried to stop smoking to mant times but I get so bad tempered that my wife holds up her hands and states "Start smoking again you bad tempered old Bast***". For the quiet life and the sheer pleasure of it, I do as I am told.

Richard's right I did the drawing in about 2 1/2 hours in XaraX and in AI it took a full day. For the fair test I did not import the drawing I just used the same scan which I modified to suit my tastes.

AI in the CS version is really quite a good package now as you can go in and out of PS so easily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albacore:

Richard's right I did the drawing in about 2 1/2 hours in XaraX and in AI it took a full day. For the fair test I did not import the drawing I just used the same scan which I modified to suit my tastes.

AI in the CS version is really quite a good package now as you can go in and out of PS so easily.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought so, I thought So...

John/DOT
    John/DOT