Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can Magix use Hotjar?

Hi everyone.
    I use Magix web designer and in Magix Online World server for a wile.
    Is time to build a new website for my business and I would be interested to do some tracking with Hotjar. I searched in the searchbox for the keyword and didnīt return any result.
    Is someone using Hotjar and if so, are there some posts somewhere to learn wher to install it?

Thank you

Default Re: Can Magix use Hotjar?

For those new to tracking software …” Hotjar tracks how visitors use and interact with your website or product. As a business, you would use Hotjar to slip directly into your users' shoes, see firsthand what their experiences are when using your site, and figure out how you can improve it for them”.
    I had to google it.
    There are free versions and paid versions. I’m digging into google analytics at the present time.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Xara doesn't work as an App so there is no back end or API for Hotjar to integrate with.
    The closest you can get is a Zapier Chrome extension. Try selling that to your web users.

You might be able to get to actionable events through Google Analytics and any third party widgets.
    You would have to be able to add your Hotjar Tracking Code to each.
    That said Zapier state IFRAMEs are problematic as it cannot connect up to the parent page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Verissimo View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I use Magix web designer and in Magix Online World server for a wile.
    Is time to build a new website for my business and I would be interested to do some tracking with Hotjar. I searched in the searchbox for the keyword and didnīt return any result.
    Is someone using Hotjar and if so, are there some posts somewhere to learn wher to install it?

Thank you
    Integrating Hotar into your Xara website is quick and easy. Create a Hotjar account and retrieve their embed code. Then insert the code at website properties > website > HTML Code (head) section.

We tested it with Designer Pro+ and Web Designer+ and it works well. You will see Hotjar and many other tested integrations coming soon. You can always try out the new versions. Designer Pro+ and Web Designer+

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Integrating Hotar into your Xara website is quick and easy. Create a Hotjar account and retrieve their embed code. Then insert the code at website properties > website > HTML Code (head) section.
    We tested it with Designer Pro+ and Web Designer+ and it works well. You will see Hotjar and many other tested integrations coming soon. You can always try out the new versions. Designer Pro+ and Web Designer+
    Matt, you've added the Hotjar Tracking Code to Website Head, so can Hotjar track switching to Variants? If so, does it handle third-party widgets that are not the same instance across Variants (e.g., forms and HTML ID referenced widgets) and actually handle any third-party widgets? Does it perform with Highslide and some of your JS-powered Charts?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks and my apologies for the late reply, but I couldn't get into Talk graphics.
    However, it seems that there is news. Thank you, I will test.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post

Thanks for your answer, I use Xara Designer Pro X (19), is Designer Pro+ and Web Designer+ someting new I missed with more possibilities than the good old software?
    I also share @Acorn worries, in my case I have the tracker for analytics in Website Head, can that interfere with it?
    Is awesome to see Xara evolving, I use it for 10 years and i really love the software, If I may ask, can we use WhatsApp integrations and some other "new" features like pop up windows, and so on from 3th parties that (again) we must insert in the Website Head?