Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wavy lines

Default Re: wavy lines

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    as the issue is sending to a printer I've never seen the need to do anything other than set print as bitmap in options, at least up to A3 print size
    if that affects anything else, adversely, I don't recall ever noticing it
    @handrawn, the Help states:
    Print AsNormal is suitable for most types of document.
    However some printers do not reproduce consistent colors when printing bitmaps or vector objects that are the same color (this is a fault with the printer driver).
    This is noticeable if objects overlap onto bitmaps or onto objects with transparency applied to them.
    In this case, select Bitmap or Anti-Aliased Bitmap and retry.
    The choice between Bitmap and Anti-Aliased Bitmap depends on the printer and personal preference.
    Some printers give best results with anti-aliasing turned off especially when printing thin lines.
    As a rule, using anti-aliasing allows lower resolution printing.
    For example, 150 DPI bitmap printing is usually good enough for all uses-even typesetting.
    Without anti-aliasing, higher resolutions may be needed which gives much slower printing.
    My worry of using Anti-Alias Bitmap is it might be fine for screen viewing but it probably fudges crisp edges in a print.
    Equally, Bitmap suggests to me that that is a mapping of the image dpi to the printer resolution occurs that again may affect edges.
    Instead, I would be looking at printer driver settings or print via PDF.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: wavy lines

ok thanks for that pointer re help

you can set the print dpi manually in print options for bitmap print [although that will not enhance what is low res in the first place], but as you say it may fudge

mind you, I only ever print from xara on my office printer when I want work in progress drafts, which it does competently; if I wanted proofs I too would print from PDF
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...