Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to make clickable phone number in xara?

Hi

re www.loftladderexpert.com

I'm having problems making my sticky phone number at the top of my web page clickable so you can just click on it when using your phone and use google to call me. Is it because Xara has turned it into a graphic that google can't read?

My google AdWords agency has given me some code to put in the page that would make it clickable but i don't know how to put it in there, Xara seems intent on hiding the html from me!

If I just need to use text only, (so it can be read and dialled by google) how do I make that stick to the top of the page but still be readable as it stays there and floats over the page contents?

thanks for your help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clickable phone number.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	165.5 KB 
ID:	133631

Default Re: How to make clickable phone number in xara?

Highlight the phone number and link to tel:xxxxxxxxxx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	link to phone.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	133632  

steev, it doesn't really matter if your phone is an image, although I far prefer text to be text.
    Select the graphic and do a Gay says.

No need to use Google's offering, Xara does it all.

Here is a text and a graphic presentation.
    Both are sticky.
    Both have the tel: link.
    Both have caption text.

steev.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks you so much for that , that's brilliant and I've now got a clickable sticky phone number!

steev, glad to hear. I've checked and it works well.

The text to its left is a graphic and so this might explain why the sticky phone number actually moves slightly.
    More wobbly than sticky.

I think you may have to consider making the navbar Sticky under the top strap-line as it rolls over the strap-line and is then lost to those reading further down the page.

You do has a double-tap of the phone number on Alice's page, probably because she is moonlighting for you and didn't want to let others know she is actually Aunt Bessie.
    Do mention it to you fat (IT) cats, a.k.a. les chats GPT (Ginger, Pierre et Tabby).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nice looking site Steev. The photos are good and easy to navigate.

Just one thing, on my laptop Firefox browser and Chrome it has a massive space of nothing at the bottom of the Home page.

Just thought I'd point that out in case you hadn't noticed.

Ian