Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Toolbar troubles

Hi folks, yet another possibly simple problem with my xara designer pro x 19. The main toolbar seems to have lost the fly out sub menus ( marked with triangle)They just don't work any more and have tried resetting the toolbar and running xara as administrator etc but it just won't respond. Short of reinstalling the programme do my lifesaving resident experts have any suggestions ( except go back to sleep you old codger) please. Giving me grey hairs

Ken

Default Re: Toolbar troubles

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi folks, yet another possibly simple problem with my xara designer pro x 19. The main toolbar seems to have lost the fly out sub menus ( marked with triangle)They just don't work any more and have tried resetting the toolbar and running xara as administrator etc but it just won't respond. Short of reinstalling the programme do my lifesaving resident experts have any suggestions ( except go back to sleep you old codger) please. Giving me grey hairs
    Ken
    Ken, you may have edited the Navbar and not reset it.

Right-click on the left-most entry.
    Does it say Edit Navigation Bar?
    If not, select all the menu items and right-click > Create Navigation Bar.

If this was the problem then all should work as before.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

when you reset the toolbar did you go to menu : window > control bars and then press the reset button ? - that should have reset it, in fact it will reset all your toolbar customisations too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    when you reset the toolbar did you go to menu : window > control bars and then press the reset button ? - that should have reset it, in fact it will reset all your toolbar customisations too
    @handrawn, thank you. I misread the ask!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

hope it fixes the issue
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Guys, apologies for delay in giving thanks but problem with my log in password caused by google flashing up the save password request which I must have clicked inadvertently when I last changed my password.
    Acorn I was a little confused on your reply but now enlightened. I seem to have fixed it by trial and error more than enlightened instruction as when bringing up the button palette noted that the ones highlighted has the fly out menus attached. It seems that somehow my clicking and trying reset somehow has done the trick. Quite disappointed that the xara help system is very lacking in this problem solving bit.
    Anyway many thanks for again saving an old-un from mental torture
    Ken