Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default More clean cache needed. Is this google fonts.

My new computer is marvellous. It’s far faster. I’m using Affinity photo and Xara totally. MS word from time to time. Always nice to get a new rig. Windows 10. It’s the first time I’ve had a vendor make a computer for myself.

One thing I have noticed. I’m finding I’m having to clear cache far more often. We know the drill. We go to inspect changes and fonts are all over the place. Clear cache, and the site is fine.

Is this something that’s related to the google fonts that I’ve downloaded. Often when using a component Xara reminds us to download a font or two, and also reminding us to download fonts that are not used in a design. Xara has a pretty good memory.

I’m finding that I’m clearing the cache once per day. Thanks for any comments.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: More clean cache needed. Is this google fonts.

Bill, I assume you are talking about the browser cache and Preview.

When you next Preview, look at the URL. It will be like http://localhost:8000/virt41252a14/index.html, the virt part will be different.
    The Xara server uses the file added into C:\Users\xpa\AppData\Local\Temp\Xara_XPSV23_9793\, again, the V23 part varies.

Make design changes and preview and all the files will go into this same bucket with the same URL.
    Your browser sees Xara has set the expiry to be immediate but we still seeing caching happening.
    My guess is because the same filenames are being used for WOFF (font) & CSS files, whose contents will have changed, sometimes markedly.

The 'trick' is to close and re-open the XDA.
    A Preview will now create a different V23 folder so the files are truly new to the browser as the virt URL is also different.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great tip. Thanks @acorn. The problem is not so much in preview. After uploading changes, I click the url of the site in the top right hand side within the program. If my fonts are jumbled then I use the chrome browser and check again. If the problem continues then I clear the cache within the chrome browser. The problem is much less in safari.

-W
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Great tip. Thanks @acorn. The problem is not so much in preview. After uploading changes, I click the url of the site in the top right hand side within the program. If my fonts are jumbled then I use the chrome browser and check again. If the problem continues then I clear the cache within the chrome browser. The problem is much less in safari. -W
    Bill, when you publish, the service provider and your settings determine how quickly the changes are propagated. Server caching is a wholly different arena.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bill, I take it you're using Ctrl + F5 to refresh the browser?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes - thanks @egg
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design