Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magix movie edit pro 2021

Can someone please help me.
    I am thinking to buy magix movie edit pro, but do not know the difference between Plus, Pro and Premium.
    Can someone please advise me how to find out?

I currently own xara web designer premium

Thanks in advance,
    Rgds, Brett

Default Re: Magix movie edit pro 2021

Hi - this is a xara specific product forum

I know we have at least one member who uses magix video programs, but you might get a quicker answer from the magix forums

still here is an extract from a review [nov 2020] which you have to take on trust, or not:

How Much Does Magix Movie Edit Pro Cost?

Magix's video editing software is available at three levels: the standard Movie Edit Pro ($69.99 list), Plus ($99.99), and Premium ($129.99, the version reviewed here). Those are official list prices, but they're often discounted online. The standard edition is surprisingly capable, with 64-bit operation, support for 4K content, and lots of effects. But it lacks real-time preview, multicam, stereo 3D recording, Movie Looks effects, screen capture, secondary color correction, beat-based editing, video proxy, 360-degree support, and several premium effects.
    The Plus edition increases the track limit to 200 from Standard's 32 and adds multicam and 360-degree editing, more effects, and more audio tools. To all that, Premium adds NewBlue Filters 5 Ultimate and Cinema LUTs Mystic effects. For the real pros, Magix offers Video Pro ($399), which offers professional-level capabilities such as three- and four-point editing, three-way color correction, broadcast-quality sound editing, and extended format support.

Free 30-day trial versions are available for all versions, but you're limited to 3 minutes of output per project and the free versions lacks a lot of tools found in the paid versions, including most templates. Finally, the Movie Edit Touch app for Windows 10 and Android expands the product's reach.
    source here: https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/magix-...it-pro-premium

I don't actually see this program on magix' website, it may have been renamed, or there may be regional naming differences; magix naming and version policy has always been a mystery known only to themselves...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Brett,

Where do you see the offer for Movie Edit Pro (MEP) 2021? I know that Magix still sells older versions and I've seen this on their site, but I just can't find it.

A year or so ago, Magix renamed Movie Edit Pro to Magix Movie Studio. This was because the Vegas team suddenly dropped Vegas Movie Studio to concentrate on Vegas Pro (good idea). As a result, Magix stepped in and created a version of MEP that could import Vegas MS project files but objects on the timeline only, no effects, and called it Magix Movie Studio. They finally just dropped the MEP and called it all Magix Movie Studio, starting with 2022, with flavours of basic, Platinum and Suite. You can see the comparison table on the Magix.com site. Never purchase basic. These are comparable to MEP basic, Plus and Premium. The Suite (or Premium) program is identical to the Platinum (Plus) version, the difference being additional third party plugins/software.

For the non-English European community, the program is still called VideoDeluxe.

As well, starting with 2022, Magix overhauled some features, mainly the View/Animation (Size/Position/Rotation), which was incomplete and added in a bunch of bugs. These were mostly sorted out with 2023. Furthermore, the program requires more computing power, so it is very important to determine what you have vs what is needed for smooth (it will never really be smooth) editing.

I suggest that you post on the Magix.info forum and include details about your operating system and hardware, the nature of the source video material that you will be using (full HD, 4K, from cell phone, screen captures, etc.), and the gurus there can help guide you. Video files from cell phones and screen capture programs are notorious for using variable frame rates and video editing programs do not like working with these.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

thanks john, thought that might be the case

one member who uses magix video programs
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi browj2, appreciate your reply.
    I own Magix XARA web designer & Magix emailed me that MEP 2021 is available at us$9.99 until 25 April.
    I am looking for a video editor to add sound, title, cut, splice videos typically taken from a mobile phone. This is for a golfing group being run for 47 years, so don't really need anything too fancy.

I note that Magix Movie Studio 2023 Suite is available for us$39.99 - would that be a better purchase for me?

Hi,

That offering is for the basic version of MEP2021. You will quickly run into limitations because it's missing many features that most video editing users find necessary. If they were offering Plus or Premium, then that would be very good.

Getting Movie Studio 2023 Platinum or Suite would be much better. However, as I mentioned, the hardware processing requirements are higher. You should post on the Magix.info forum and let the gurus there guide you. Also, you can download and install the trial version of Platinum and test it to see if it works with your hardware. There are some codec limitations, but you will get a good idea if the program will work. The current prices are really excellent. Version 2024 must be getting closer. I have some tutorials on my YouTube site that will help you get started.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I'm moving this thread to Off-topic Chat. Feel free to continue the discussion there.

Thank you browj2, you have confirmed my suspicions, I greatly appreciate your advice.
    Tried to get onto magix forum but their registration seemed to not be working. Will try again today.
    My system is ok, Inspiron 5770, i7 intel processor 1.99GHz, 16GB ram on windows 10.
    To look you up on YouTube do I just google browj2?

Try looking up on YT using this:

@JCBrownVideos

My site should pop up as the first one.

What is the rest of the information for the Intel i7 chip? Look under Windows settings, system, About.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Hi browj2,
    My chip is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
    Have bought web designer 19 premium as an upgrade as it came with video editor 2021, but that editor seems very basic.
    Movie Studio 2023 looks better but specs say it needs a 2.4 processor as a minimum. It may not run on my laptop?