Hi Brett,

Where do you see the offer for Movie Edit Pro (MEP) 2021? I know that Magix still sells older versions and I've seen this on their site, but I just can't find it.

A year or so ago, Magix renamed Movie Edit Pro to Magix Movie Studio. This was because the Vegas team suddenly dropped Vegas Movie Studio to concentrate on Vegas Pro (good idea). As a result, Magix stepped in and created a version of MEP that could import Vegas MS project files but objects on the timeline only, no effects, and called it Magix Movie Studio. They finally just dropped the MEP and called it all Magix Movie Studio, starting with 2022, with flavours of basic, Platinum and Suite. You can see the comparison table on the Magix.com site. Never purchase basic. These are comparable to MEP basic, Plus and Premium. The Suite (or Premium) program is identical to the Platinum (Plus) version, the difference being additional third party plugins/software.

For the non-English European community, the program is still called VideoDeluxe.

As well, starting with 2022, Magix overhauled some features, mainly the View/Animation (Size/Position/Rotation), which was incomplete and added in a bunch of bugs. These were mostly sorted out with 2023. Furthermore, the program requires more computing power, so it is very important to determine what you have vs what is needed for smooth (it will never really be smooth) editing.

I suggest that you post on the Magix.info forum and include details about your operating system and hardware, the nature of the source video material that you will be using (full HD, 4K, from cell phone, screen captures, etc.), and the gurus there can help guide you. Video files from cell phones and screen capture programs are notorious for using variable frame rates and video editing programs do not like working with these.