Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default "JPEG File contains unsupported features"

I'm transferring a .xar document from one computer to another via a USB thumb drive. The file is open and I've been working on it in Xara on one computer but when I try to load it onto the other I get this error message. The document consists of a few shapes I designed in Xara, one with text repelling, some text and several JPEG's. I've tried eliminating various elements from the document but get the same message. I'd appreciate some ideas.
    Last edited by charliescoffee; 17 April 2023 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: "JPEG File contains unsupported features"

are they the same version of Xara? if not that might be an issue, but unlikely

you could try running program as adminstrator [once]

otherwise are you keeping the file open on the first computer and copying it to the USB ? tbetter to close the file before you copy it in case operating sysytem or security software permissions are causing an issue between systems
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

If all the tips don't work, then please contact Xara at www.xara.com/contact-us. We can try to help as well.

I now suspect there's something corrupting my flash drive - I see that some other files are transferring but are corrupted. I've ordered a new one which is supposed to arrive tomorrow and I'm gong to try it and see what happens.