Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Turbulence

Lightbulb Turbulence

@shipen asked for a very exacting requirement in https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...y-hand-in-XDPX.

This is an automatic alternative that does not meet the brief in that the width of any Lines are not maintained: SVG + CSS - Turbulence Ahead.xar, instead everything is wibbled.

You can tweak the baseFrequency pair, the numOctaves & scale to achieve grunge edging effects.
    Text remains text.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Turbulence

This is wonderful Acorn. I'll have to mess about with it over the next few days.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Butchering this!

I can't understand the Number of Octaves - It doesn't seem to have an effect, at least on vectors.

LINK

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	487.1 KB 
ID:	133567  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Butchering this! I can't understand the Number of Octaves - It doesn't seem to have an effect, at least on vectors. LINK
    Egg, the higher the number of octaves the more noisy the dither becomes; fewer shows up as higher crests and lower troughs.

MDN, https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...ute/numOctaves, states:
    An octave is a noise function defined by its frequency and amplitude. A turbulence is built by accumulating several octaves with increasing frequencies and decreasing amplitudes. The higher the number of octaves, the more natural the noise looks. Though more octaves also require more calculations, resulting in a negative impact on performance.
    In other words, use sparingly.

In your butchery row, I prefer (2) & (8).

You do know, these can be animated. I've yet to try.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat