Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Strange pop-up rendering on Windows 10 (VirtualBox)

Hello,

I've installed the latest edition of Xara Designer Pro in a Windows10 system. This Windows 10 installation is managed under VirtualBox on a FreeBSD desktop system.

I've seen the following flipped present of pop-up windows from this installation of Xara Designer Pro, a couple of times in this OS environment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8xMzYA3If5gh.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	133558

I recently discovered the forums here. Hello, all. I'm a greying student of a communications program at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University. I'd discovered Xara Designer Pro after a mention of the Xara platform in The Book of Inkscape (second ed). Presently, I'm enrolled in a visual design course at ASU, where I'm using Xara Designer Pro every week. Happily, the course is not centered on any single commercial software platform.

Off-topic albeit, I've also found a lot of use with Xara Designer Pro in creating SVG images for slide show presentations, edited with a favorite non-linear video editor platform. I'm familiar with Kdenlive on this FreeBSD system, have been using it successfully for course presentations. For multi-paged presentations, it's a hack, but I'm also using pdf2svg on Linux, in the workflow.

I haven't noticed the strange pop-up window behavior interfering with any regular application workflows. I thought it might bear mention though, if this may be a forum for Xara.

Health, all

Default Re: Strange pop-up rendering on Windows 10 (VirtualBox)

Technically, the advert is owned and created by Magix. It's outside of XDPX and Xara's control.
    It could be bad HTML encoding on Magix's part.

Interesting though.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Strange pop-up rendering on Windows 10 (VirtualBox)

just to follow on from acorn:

there are two 'latest versions' of xara designer - the one you have version 19 as supplied and maintained by magix, and the one directly from xara designated designer pro+ which is subscription only

magix do the compilation of the installer for version 19 of which this ad is part and so, as acorn says, nothing to do with xara who only supply the program code itself for this version

oops

magix have their own forums but that said, this is probably a better forum for actually using the program
    Last edited by handrawn; 15 April 2023 at 11:11 AM. Reason: canna spel
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...