Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Publish Website "Problems"

Last Friday (03/31/2023) , I switched Internet Providers from Verizon @ 15 GB max for $30 to T-Mobile @ Unlimited for $50 per month. Unfortunately, on Saturday, Windows 10 did one of their magic "invisible" updates. After the update, my Xara Web Designer 11 Premium was destroyed. I backed my Desktop back to a last working previous version of Windows, but Xara was still destroyed. ("Xara Web Designer 11 Premium could not find your default template. Please open the file you would like to use as your default template save this using the Save Template Command"). Xara "Help" also had stopped working.

No matter what I attempted, the "errors" would not go away.

I removed Xara from my desktop & reinstalled it from my original master Disc. When I ran it, the error was at last gone. I downloaded & installed the Xara on-line Update. "About" now says that Xara Web Designer Premium 11.2.5.42127 DL x64 Dec 9 2015.

On Sunday, Windows repeated the previous failed upgrade & this time everything was OK (as far as I know).

My current problem: ALL of my website sections will "File: Publish Website" & will upload correctly if I am connected to the Internet using my Verizon Provider. If I switch to my new T-Mobile Provider, when I click on "File: Publish Website", it waits several seconds and I get an error window "FTP Error Timeout was Reached". I KNOW this is MY problem, but I am at a loss to figure out what Windows Setting is screwing me over.

BTW - This morning, A Website I use to convert my Recipe files from an Excel *.xls file to a *.pdf file will not allow me to Drag file(s) from Windows Explorer to their Drop Box. If I use Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome (My "Default" browser) , Drag & Drop to the Dropbox works properly. Disabling the Firewalls doesn't help.

I think I'm beginning to dislike Windows 10 GREATLY.

ANY help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Ron
    Last edited by Wodlik; 04 April 2023 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Clarity

Default Re: Publish Website "Problems"

Ron, it could be that you need to adjust your FTP settings for your new SP.

If a genuine timeout then this might help: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...397#post603397.
    You need to have closed your Xara version before touching MS Registry (regedit).

This background might help: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ut-was-reached.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn

Thanks for the great help & information.
    Problem is either fixed or found a workaround.

Went into the Registry & changed the Connect Timeout from 6000 to 10000, the Response Timeout from 4000 to 10000 and the Login Timeout from 6000 to 10000. Did NOT fix the Problem.

Opened a Section of my website.
    Clicked on Publish Website
    Clicked on Other Web Host (Via FTP): Settings
    Changed Connect Using:
    FTP
    To:
    FTPS[FTP over SSL/TSL]

Now Publish Web Site is working correctly again!!!!

Will change the Registry timeouts back to their defaults & MAKE SURE.

Again
    Thanks to everyone for their help
    Ron

Ron, glad you sorted it.
    The timings can be safely left.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Great, Thanks Again

Ron

Now, a new "problem" has surfaced as of this morning (several sections published OK yesterday afternoon)

When attempting to Publish any of the several recipe sections, I am getting an Error Message from Xara:

Xara Web Designer 11 Premium

Hosting Storage Space Allocation exceeded

This happens even on a tiny section that has only 2 Recipe Pages + the Index.htm file ( RonKsKitchen.com/coffees/index.htm )

I am being hosted on GoDaddy.com$16/Month)
    1 Virtually added CPU Core
    Up to 512 MB Shared RAM
    Unlimited Sites
    Unlimited Shared Storage
    Moderate Traffic

The next step up ($22/Month)
    2 Virtually Allocated CPU Cores
    1 Gb Shared RAM

well, if the message can be taken at face value, you have used up the space that you have been allocated by GoDaddy

really that is only something you can check through your hosting control panel [or equivalent management system]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Handrawn

Agreed, But according to GoDaddy, my URL has "Unlimited Sites & Unlimited Shared Storage.

Thanks Ron

what then do they mean by 'up to 512 MB shared RAM' - that implies a limit of some sort, somewhere ?

it may just be choking I suppose
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Wodlik View Post
    Now, a new "problem" has surfaced as of this morning (several sections published OK yesterday afternoon)

When attempting to Publish any of the several recipe sections, I am getting an Error Message from Xara:
    Xara Web Designer 11 Premium
    Hosting Storage Space Allocation exceeded

This happens even on a tiny section that has only 2 Recipe Pages + the Index.htm file ( RonKsKitchen.com/coffees/index.htm )

I am being hosted on GoDaddy.com$16/Month)
    1 Virtually added CPU Core
    Up to 512 MB Shared RAM
    Unlimited Sites
    Unlimited Shared Storage
    Moderate Traffic

The next step up ($22/Month)
    2 Virtually Allocated CPU Cores
    1 Gb Shared RAM
    Ron, I just check for you at https://uk.godaddy.com/whois/results...nkskitchen.com and there were no surprises.

"Up to 512 MB Shared RAM" is your chuck of the server share that is serving out your web pages. Way enough for any static Xara site.
    That said, there has been another TGer with this problem: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ation-exceeded.
    There was no solution though.

I reckon you need to contact Magix.

Acorn

WELL - We are there AGAIN.
    On January 9th we had a blizzard - I forgot to turn off my WIFI. Windows did another update during the storm & naturally during the update we lost power. Windows itself was corrupted on the 10th when power came back on. After reloading Windows, XARA was gone. Reloaded it OK from my CD. When run it says UPDATE: XARA Web Designer 11 Premium.
    clicking the Update Button gets "Update has been checked and is corrupt.

I need Help with the Update File

Long Ago, I "had" already downloaded an Update File: Web_Designer_Premium_11_Update_11.2.5.42127_en-GB.exe But when I run that it tells me that in order to install the Update, I need to first install XARA Which has already been done).

Thanks In Advance Ron