Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Let's be open and honest

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    Did I?
    Yes, you did but I have trouble finding the post in which a member quoted an email you sent him. However, it's more interesting to know if indeed such an update is on the way or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    I can confirm that our product team is interviewing customers daily. 40+ years and Xara is still going strong. That is a pretty damn good track record.
    I am pleased that Xara GmbH is doing well, a corporate enitiy that does not go back 40+ years

As for history:

In January, 2007, Xara Ltd was acquired by German multimedia company MAGIX and now operates as a wholly owned subsidiary.
    and there was the 'partnership' with corel before that

I am sure you are pleased those days are behind you....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The whole reason for Xara starting with Magix was distribution and ultimately years ago Xara knew that ending relationship with Magix would benefit them because everyone who bought into this trick, now has to abandon Magix and move to Xara plus sub.
    No company or business out there is thinking of the end users. This has been and will ever be. I have been a xara/corel user for 27 years.
    Last edited by behzad; 09 April 2023 at 04:38 PM.

I don't think it was a trick, it was a question of survival for the old xara [group] ltd;

Xara GmbH is a totally new company with a 'new' product
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I gave up on xara on my retirement at age of 50. I may buy into the plus, but never been fond of subs.

Xara have traditionally been extremely tight-lipped revealing what their plans are, so only they can say if v19 was the last major Magix update.

Maybe it’s about time Magix properly rebadged and rebranded their software offering, to help sever the link and comparisons to/from the latest Xara software. From what I can see Magix users are equally frustrated with Xara waiting for them to release new updates.

Either way as a non-professional user who doesn’t use web features and hardly uses the OCC, I’m still not likely going to pay a monthly/yearly Xara subscription.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022