Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let's be open and honest

I think Xara should tell us since Magix will not admit it that V19 of magix is the last one they will sell. I think by xara telling us this, we are
    more prone to go with the xara subscription. All past experiences I have had indicated this eventuality.

I am not in a rush to upgrade to either one but better communication would be beneficial to Xara.

Default Re: Let's be open and honest

I could not agree more. For people that don't want to do a subscription model this is forcing people to go to Affinity.

Ray

Seems our numbers are few Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Seems our numbers are few Ray.
    Like the Updates that you are not getting.

Some time ago: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...a-Designer-Pro.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Version 20 might still come out. It would make a nice swan song by MagiXara, 'neatly' transitioning to XDP+ 21, Xara's first '+' version some years back. Death and rebirth, so to speak.

More relevantly, Xara CEO Matt announced a while back that a major update to XDP 19 was expected for March. Perhaps they are a bit delayed trying to include some of the new goodies that were introduced in XDP+.

Anyway, I have paid for the update service until May 2024. I hope MagiXara will honor their side of the deal. I'm waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Like the Updates that you are not getting.

Some time ago: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...a-Designer-Pro.

Acorn
    and yet there is another side to every coin

I can no longer batch import PDFs all onto one xara page [ie merge] as I could up until ver 15.1; since it is not possible to select objects across pages in xara [if you can I'd love to hear how] that has broken a major work flow of mine; I have ver 15.1 to use, I have no incentive to move to pro+

early on xara changed the way rotation works in pro+; I am on record as saying this was a gtreat improvement; however after feedback from users xara reverted back, I accept they focus as they do, but it would have been nice to have both; as it is again, I have no incentive to move to pro+
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

What incentive do Xara have to tell end users what their future plans are? ... especially since their plans may include dropping programs or features that people like. Typically you don't get to know about changes until they are made in most industries.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

xara use focus groups, or so I am told

beyond that not a lot maybe

I just hope that they are now getting it right; their track record in the past is not so good, but at the moment they seem to be doing ok
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Version 20 might still come out. It would make a nice swan song by MagiXara, 'neatly' transitioning to XDP+ 21, Xara's first '+' version some years back. Death and rebirth, so to speak.

More relevantly, Xara CEO Matt announced a while back that a major update to XDP 19 was expected for March. Perhaps they are a bit delayed trying to include some of the new goodies that were introduced in XDP+.

Anyway, I have paid for the update service until May 2024. I hope MagiXara will honor their side of the deal. I'm waiting....
    Did I?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    xara use focus groups, or so I am told

beyond that not a lot maybe

I just hope that they are now getting it right; their track record in the past is not so good, but at the moment they seem to be doing ok
    I can confirm that our product team is interviewing customers daily. 40+ years and Xara is still going strong. That is a pretty damn good track record.