Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horizontal Page Movement

Hello. Some of the pages on my website move slightly left or right when loading. This occurs when the browser window is not fully maximized, as viewed on a desktop monitor. There's no issue when viewing the variant from a mobile device. All of the site's pages appear to be aligned / centered OK within Xara Designer Pro+. I'm using version 22.5.1.65716 as of this posting. My website is https://www.rocketstudios.us. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Default Re: Horizontal Page Movement

I can verifiy this. But I have no idea why it is happening. Check back. One of our members will have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Hello. Some of the pages on my website move slightly left or right when loading. This occurs when the browser window is not fully maximized, as viewed on a desktop monitor. There's no issue when viewing the variant from a mobile device. All of the site's pages appear to be aligned / centered OK within Xara Designer Pro+. I'm using version 22.5.1.65716 as of this posting. My website is https://www.rocketstudios.us. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
    Hi Rocket. Please reach Xara at www.xara.com/contact-us so we can take a look at your file.

Thanks, Gary and "MB365". I've sent a help request to Xara for further investigation into the issue.

I've just updated Xara Designer Pro to the latest version (March, 2023 release). I resaved my web design file under this new version, then published it as HTML to my web hosting server. The page movement issue still exists.

Question Re: Horizontal Page Movement

Rodney, you have links to two failed MP4 files https://www.rocketstudios.us/index_h...e%20Eleven.mp4 & https://www.rocketstudios.us/index_h...ven_Mobile.mp4 that are failing to load.
    The whole site is being held up for 30 seconds.
    In that time, not all of your page content will have completed so when you move the width of the browser, you get the stick to the left edge that I have experienced.

You are trying to get a visitor to consume 35MB of download.
    Your animated Einstein is almost 4MB so this does not help.
    You have 30 WebP files over 200kB each.
    Your index.htm is over half a meg and you appear to have all but shunned text throughout.
    Lighthouse Performance is very low at 68% for Desktop and a staggering 22% for Mobile.

You have an empty page 3 and page 11.
    You appear to have created an Instant transition website so all pages are uploaded in one massive HTM file.
    I do not believe this achieves much for your design so perhaps revert to a conventional Website approach?

You clearly have put a lot into the site but few may linger.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the feedback, Acorn. I realize the site could use more optimization to help it load faster. I've already sped it up quite a lot by removing some animation effects and reducing the resolution and dimensions of the included images. I reluctantly converted all the text in the site to shapes because the text was displaying incorrectly (wrong font or color) in certain browsers, namely Safari and MS Edge. Firefox and Google Chrome had no such text issues.

I reluctantly converted all the text in the site to shapes because the text was displaying incorrectly (wrong font or color) in certain browsers, namely Safari and MS Edge. Firefox and Google Chrome had no such text issues.
    You may not be aware that repeatedly Previewing may cause local caching and the browser then fails to correct to the recent changes. It should be less frequent these days but closing and re-opening the application clears the cache for Preview as well as using Ctrl+F5 in the browser if you export locally.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I noticed the fonts issue after my website was published and online, not from Xara Designer's preview. The primary font used throughout the site is the common standard Times New Roman. But regardless, isn't any font used embedded by default when the site is published?

I noticed the fonts issue after my website was published and online, not from Xara Designer's preview. The primary font used throughout the site is the common standard Times New Roman. But regardless, isn't any font used embedded by default when the site is published?
    Yes, but after publishing you can still have server-side caching. Xara generates subset from the letters used, not the entire font so the browser then could be showing a different font. TNR ought to be already fully present though.

Acorn