Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Password expiry ???

Mine said 813 days, but I remember deliberately resetting it at that time. It wasn't a site request.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Shame on all of you!

Don't start telling me you use the same Password everywhere else too.
    That is why some long-term users accounts were having to be blocked as they had been hacked.

here is a freebie that will fit onto any device or stick.
    Unzip strongpw.zip. It is 20kB.
    Store on your PC, Tablet, Smartphone or Stick

It is a single HTM file holding innocuous site URLs in a List.
    You can append to the list (copy a line and paste after the last one; change Seed, URL & Display).
    The URL need not be the login page but that can be handy. You still need to remember your Login/UserName for each. If worried, make that the Seed with a few extra characters.
    Remember to save your copy of this file after making changes.

In use, I have an easy to remember Master password, to which I then add a suitable date, yyyymmdd.
    This would allow me to alter password daily. As if! It does allow you to change frequently and not all at once.
    I might have several such PW generator files and bucket sites that need changing every 3, 6 or 12 months or whatever frequency keeps you safe.
    You can keep the date on a scrap or paper, diary or file. You keep your Master password in you head.
    This is a form of two factor authentication: something you know & something you have.

Got to create a UN/PW on the fly?
    Open https://ss64.com/pass/ and instead of your normal Master password, type in the site name.
    In the Custom box, add your default username or one you know you can remember for a day or two, with the date appended yyyymmdd and Generate.
    Complete your login.
    As you usually have to provide your email, you will have a record of the Site and Date, enough to reconstruct your ad-hoc Password.
    Remember to change it by using the Forgot my Password provision.

I use a Password Manager but have this as a fall-back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Mine said 813 days, but I remember deliberately resetting it at that time. It wasn't a site request.
    Keith, perhaps check you email is still valid: https://www.talkgraphics.com/profile...o=editpassword

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Not sure how, but I beat that by a single day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-23 215549.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	133513

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Not sure how, but I beat that by a single day!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-03-23 215549.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	133513
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Keith, perhaps check you email is still valid: https://www.talkgraphics.com/profile...o=editpassword

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn. Yes, the email address is still valid.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Thanks Acorn. Yes, the email address is still valid.
    Ah well, life is full of mysteries.

Acorn