Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile nav not opening to see addition items listed

Oh, my gawd, Initiostar! This so helpful. I never understood why I had to double click that 2nd item in! The hard part is giving it the right terminology then so it leads to the right things without using "Emerald" twice...thank you for pointing this out to me and the GREAT EXAMPLES!

So by making my own mobile nav and not using one made in a template, the difference is that it goes across the whole horizontal page?And then do you tell it stick too so it travels with the page? And thank you all for your patience with me not understanding some of the very technical stuff...
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I looked at the site on my Android mobile and I can see (as Acorn said) that you still have some level 2 links (e.g. Emerald points emerald.htm) - these links need to be removed and added to your third levels links - best illustrated.

Attachment 133508

I changed a previous demo so you can see the outcome > https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/xara-mobile/

Attachment 133507

Sue, this was explained before and you said you got it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, I got what you were saying but I did not get how to do it at all....I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I just felt what you were saying was way over my head.I had said I needed instructions and visuals...I am not as advanced as most of you are here that help us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, this was explained before and you said you got it.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Acorn, I got what you were saying but I did not get how to do it at all....I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I just felt what you were saying was way over my head.I had said I needed instructions and visuals...I am not as advanced as most of you are here that help us.
    Sue, I do understand. I was referring to one of the prior run-thoughs of your site where the NavBar was failing on mobiles.

All I can suggest is refer to the many YT videos. Most are in bite-size chunks.
    I don't use them as I find it incredibly tedious to go at their pace in a linear plod.
    I far prefer working at a function until I get stuck then I refer to the manual.

Writing instructions for another is extremely hard as one's assumption of some other's skills, knowledge and capability are always wrong.
    I am fine at one-to-one or in an environment where there is immediate interaction.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, memory for me fails since my illness, but I do think it was a website that I run and not as many menu items, so it was so much easier to do. I did get it then..now with my brain and things not connecting, I do try on my own, look up stuff whether on YT or the manual, but many times I am missing the word to search for to find what I am not getting...and agree sometimes they talk too much, and I have issues following them.

And I totally messed up something deleted repetitive videos in the folder for the website, and I will post another thread asking for help on how not to clean up repetitive stuff. What a mess!
    I agree, for me posting here, many times gets me to figure it out..and sometimes in my frustration I post, and while waiting for help, get it figured out.

Thanks for always being willing to help...I do think your knowledge bank and words sometimes get me lost...
    Sue

Sue, I do understand. I was referring to one of the prior run-thoughs of your site where the NavBar was failing on mobiles.

All I can suggest is refer to the many YT videos. Most are in bite-size chunks.
    I don't use them as I find it incredibly tedious to go at their pace in a linear plod.
    I far prefer working at a function until I get stuck then I refer to the manual.

Writing instructions for another is extremely hard as one's assumption of some other's skills, knowledge and capability are always wrong.
    I am fine at one-to-one or in an environment where there is immediate interaction.

Acorn

Sue, I am sorry for you with your problems. I was not trying to hector you.

My first website was a mess as I threw everything into it.
    Nowadays, I try to be minimal and methodical.

I know you are against the subscription model but the type of site you want would work well using the new Xara Blocks as you can almost ignore layout and focus on content.

Acorn

Oh, I'm sure most of mine are a mess and I just wing things...Tell me more about the subscription model and what you like? Don't know what Xara blocks are etc. I love that you like it but need to know more..
    Does it convert all the sites we have now from an older version okay?
    If we decide in a year or two to stop the subscription, can we take it back to the old version we had purchased?

I will consider it....as you can tell, I have questions..
    And I did do one of the sites in Dreamweaver and loved how it did it's own mobile version once you set up 1 thing for it. Me doing two different sites is a lot of extra work, in my humble opinion, but I do love this software much more.
    Sue

Sue, I am sorry for you with your problems. I was not trying to hector you.

My first website was a mess as I threw everything into it.
    Nowadays, I try to be minimal and methodical.

I know you are against the subscription model but the type of site you want would work well using the new Xara Blocks as you can almost ignore layout and focus on content.

Acorn

Sue, look at the videos here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-using-Blocks.

When you stop a subscription, the access to the software goes.
    You still have your design file and it should open in an earlier XDA, just the Block capability will have disappeared.
    The sites will still publish as Block is a design thing and not a publish one.
    The sites will still be editable.

Magix in the meantime might have caught up.

It will not convert but what I would do is start building the new site as a set of blocks and cross populate the content.

Good questions, ones Xara needs to address.

Acorn

I will look at the link.

What do these things mean? "The sites will still publish as Block is a design thing and not a publish one.

It will not convert but what I would do is start building the new site as a set of blocks and cross populate the content."

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    I will look at the link.
    What do these things mean? "The sites will still publish as Block is a design thing and not a publish one.
    It will not convert but what I would do is start building the new site as a set of blocks and cross populate the content."
    Sue
    Sue, a tad unfair asking if you haven't looked as the videos.

If you have a XAR or WEB created with Blocks then the Blocks are a special Group that has magic features that turn mundane when opened in an earlier version.
    The objects are still there and publish all properly. You no longer have the powers to move and adjust in a Block fashion. You can still use you Xara tools to achieve edits and changes.

Magix runs a good year behind so Blocks may come your way, if you want to wait.

Download the trial, follow the videos and build a site.

Acorn