Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile nav not opening to see addition items listed

Hey Acorn. I looked at the videos...and I've used blocks in another program our club uses to send out emails. I'm not a fan for websites but if it comes to my program, I will deal with it. Not interested in changing and working on all new websites.

Thanks for helping though!
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, a tad unfair asking if you haven't looked as the videos.

If you have a XAR or WEB created with Blocks then the Blocks are a special Group that has magic features that turn mundane when opened in an earlier version.
    The objects are still there and publish all properly. You no longer have the powers to move and adjust in a Block fashion. You can still use you Xara tools to achieve edits and changes.

Magix runs a good year behind so Blocks may come your way, if you want to wait.

Download the trial, follow the videos and build a site.

Acorn

Initiostar, I tried making my own mobile nav like you had written, but no option to pick nav bar, so I'm guessing I didn't get something right.

I made a rectangle, attached the hamburger and tried to right click, no option for nav, then I added "menu" in the same purple color so you couldn't see it and tried to group all to the rectangle and group, and still no option to select nav bar.

Where or what did I miss...

Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I looked at the site on my Android mobile and I can see (as Acorn said) that you still have some level 2 links (e.g. Emerald points emerald.htm) - these links need to be removed and added to your third levels links - best illustrated.

Attachment 133508

I changed a previous demo so you can see the outcome > https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/xara-mobile/

Attachment 133507

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Initiostar, I tried making my own mobile nav like you had written, but no option to pick nav bar, so I'm guessing I didn't get something right.

I made a rectangle, attached the hamburger and tried to right click, no option for nav, then I added "menu" in the same purple color so you couldn't see it and tried to group all to the rectangle and group, and still no option to select nav bar.

Where or what did I miss...

Sue
    In my example, you would download the menu symbol, create a text column or text area with the word Menu, set the text colour to no fill, align both objects and GROUP. You can set the menu symbol to any colour you want.

You are welcome to explore this here > Xara Standard Template Mobile Menu.xar

You can GROUP any shape and text column / area and the option will be there to create a Xara Navbar. Alignment; colours and fonts for the submenus, including vertical and horizontal offsets can be changed in the Navbar Pop Menu.

Best to play around with the example, get comfortable with how it works before you drop it into your live site.

There are a few variations to this approach but the principles are the same.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Thanks so much. Will work on this file in the morning. Oh, I love that you shared it!!

I did manage to take my mobile (hamburger) menu and place it over a rectangle, set the rectangle to sticky and they both work together. I am not sure how they are working together...but yeah for me! I DID NOT GROUP THEM, only the hamburger is a group and I used it from the website I've been working on cleaning it up.

Now one question I do have is that on the rectangle I wanted to place text or an arrow. But when I place a word there, you can't see it. I went back to something someone had set up on one of my questions and their wording says "text line" and miine says text area..their text line shows up but not my text area. What is the difference, if you know? And on your file, I just looked, says "text column" on the nav bar? How does it say that or determine that??

And can you explain how the rectangle and mobile nav go together when I did not group them? It blows my mind that I can't figure some of this out playing for hours...
    And I thank you for the file and patience while I try my best!

Sue
    In my example, you would download the menu symbol, create a text column or text area with the word Menu, set the text colour to no fill, align both objects and GROUP. You can set the menu symbol to any colour you want.

You are welcome to explore this here > Xara Standard Template Mobile Menu.xar

You can GROUP any shape and text column / area and the option will be there to create a Xara Navbar. Alignment; colours and fonts for the submenus, including vertical and horizontal offsets can be changed in the Navbar Pop Menu.

Best to play around with the example, get comfortable with how it works before you drop it into your live site.

There are a few variations to this approach but the principles are the same.

There is no need (in his example) to group the rectangle with anything; the only group is the menu symbol and text. You are correct that if you want the header rectangle and menu to be fixed at the top of the page then both need to be sticky. It is also the case that if you want to add text to the header it too needs to be sticky. You will not otherwise see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beardies Mobile Menu.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	133517

You could retain your current header for each page and add an updated menu.

Hope this helps.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Absolutely explains not getting a word to show u because I hadn't made it "sticky"...Amazing that sticky works for all and not have to be grouped or a soft group..wow!
    Thanks for showing me how the header could also be a sticky at the top with the menu...nice!
    Thank YOU!

So what I was seeing in the page and layer gallery with text area, text column, or text line, doesn't matter for anything?
    Sue
    Sue
    There is no need (in his example) to group the rectangle with anything; the only group is the menu symbol and text. You are correct that if you want the header rectangle and menu to be fixed at the top of the page then both need to be sticky. It is also the case that if you want to add text to the header it too needs to be sticky. You will not otherwise see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beardies Mobile Menu.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	133517

You could retain your current header for each page and add an updated menu.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all your help. REdesigned mobile header, mobile...thanks for all the suggestions. It looks awesome and functions!
    I just wanted to update you all since you were ALL so kind to step in and help.
    Sue
    Absolutely explains not getting a word to show u because I hadn't made it "sticky"...Amazing that sticky works for all and not have to be grouped or a soft group..wow!
    Thanks for showing me how the header could also be a sticky at the top with the menu...nice!
    Thank YOU!

So what I was seeing in the page and layer gallery with text area, text column, or text line, doesn't matter for anything?
    Sue
    Sue

Thanks for all your help. REdesigned mobile header, mobile...thanks for all the suggestions. It looks awesome and functions!
    I just wanted to update you all since you were ALL so kind to step in and help.
    Sue
    Sue, the Mobile Home page also has a spurious floating hamburger top-left and off-page..

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, thanks for the notice. I was keeping a few extra hamburgers nearby in case...I have removed to another page off the website.
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Sue, the Mobile Home page also has a spurious floating hamburger top-left and off-page..

Acorn

Okay, thanks for the notice. I was keeping a few extra hamburgers nearby in case...I have removed to another page off the website.
    Sue
    Sue, go on and admit you were squirreling away extras in case of the munchies.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat